Callum88Adam

Symbi Booties & Mega Booties

I could find a related topic with the search, but if there is I'm sorry for posting ANOTHER Booties Thread.

I have decided that I want to get Booties on my new jumpsuit, but am not sure which to order. How big a difference is there between plain Booties & Mega Booties. I'm 93Kg and am ordering a SLOWPO suit.

Any help given, gratefully recieved
Why Jump Out A Plane?
Have You Seen The Legroom Out There!!!!!!!

I have had Symbi suits with both and the difference seems to be:

Normal booties start just above the ankle and flare out to the foot from there. They tend to be made from the same material as the legs on your jumpsuit.

Mega booties start at the knee and flare out to the foot from there. They tend to be made of Cordura.

Mega booties provide more lift and much more leg power than normal booties. I love my mega booties!

I suggest you give Rob at Symbi a call and discuss which will best suit your needs.

Vicki

How big a difference is there between plain Booties & Mega Booties. I'm 93Kg and am ordering a SLOWPO suit.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of the SLOWPO suit, but... as vicki said, "mega" booties should start from the knee, and are often (not always) made of cordura. The cordura may or may not (i personally believe not) have any effect on how the suit flies, but it's very rugged, so it's a good idea. Starting from the knee is more important, as it makes the booties bigger, and thus more effective... I've seen a lot of booties out there that start mid-calf or even almost down by the shoe, and I can tell you they are a waste of money.

One more thing... when you get your suit (yay!) check the fit of the booties... they should be pretty slack when you are standing strait, but taught in an arch. If they're not taught in an arch, the wind force will push the booties to follow the contour of your leg and foot, and the booties will be useless, or nearly so. If they're too tight, they could reduce your flexibility, or even your ability to arch properly.

Happy bootie flying!
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

[

as vicki said, "mega" booties should start from the knee, and are often (not always) made of cordura.

Symbi offer their mega booties in cordura on their XL suits. Not sure what material the mega booties are on their Slowpo suits.

If you call Rob at Symbi, he will be more than happy to work with you to make a suit that will work for you.

Vicki

Hi i'm a heavy guy myself (93kg) and I received some advice from a former Symbiosis dealer: he find the Slowpo a bit "flappy" and recommended me the Lowpo in heavy cotton with a bloused cut.

Worked like a charm for me, and slowed my fall rate significantly.

He recommended me also to order Megabooties, the only interest of normal booties being for small or lightweight jumpers that could be unbalanced by powerfull booties.