virgin-burner

WEEKEND NUMBERS JUNE 28th-29th

B| : 7 : if beerable offenses were a theme here.. i'd be beer poor..

first time jumping at a boogie, more than five times that day, hybrid that went completely awesome, an 18-way speedstar that was pure bloody carnage in the sky, appearance in the boogie-video on that dive.. some out of sequence-thingy on my only jump today, did that in shorts n'shirt which felt really funny, the PARTY.. i went to sleep when it dawned..

fuck, all around an AWWWESOME weekend at our famous boogie! missed jumping the last or so month..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

[:/]:4:0

Did four yesterday at K-pow, including jumps with grannyinthesky and brucet7 ... always fun jumping with the new kids. B| It was fun to have two Caravans (the "short bus" and a Grand) turning yesterday - with that much lift capacity, we didn't miss the Otter at all. Hope y'all enjoyed it up in Alberta!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:):2:0

I got to the DZ kind of late, but managed a pretty nice overall 7-way. Then we did a craptastic dancing spider 5-way. Oh, it was a brainlock frenzy by everyone. haha! Then the rain clouds came crawling in, so the day was done for me...as far as jumping was concerned...I did play in the rain later. :P
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

A few : 0 : 0

None this past weekend. Coming back from vacation and had to preside over our residency graduation. Last weekend got to make two jumps out at Skydive Coastal Carolinas. -Absolutely wonderful view-

Should get a few quality jumps in this coming weekend for the 4th. About damned time too.

0:4:0

-Four-way rocks!!!
-Sunshine is the best psychic packer EVER!
-Somehow, I came away from this weekend without any serious injuries no matter how many times my klutziness almost caused my death.
-Leaving your wallet on the bar is probably a bad idea. Will I ever learn?

Next weekend will simply rock. :)

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

B|:10:0
I'm starting my weekend count with Friday. ( I also had 3 jumps Wednesday and 1 Thursday, too. I had a great time jumping at K-por this weekend )with NWFlyer, vskydiver, and John, and many others there. I really appreciated how willing people were to jump with me cause I've got a lot to learn. The "short bus" and the Grand Caravan were both fun, especially for someone from a 182 dz. I can't wait to make a return trip in August for the Leap for Lupus. (Consider yourselves warned B|B|B|) Thanks everyone for a great time.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

:) : 0 : 0

Friday my collegues threw a "surprise" party for me and two others who are leaving at the same time.
I decided that I had no business being on a jump plane that Saturday as the winds were high and gusty.
That evening the barbecue was really nice and the binge lasted until quite late so I decided to ground myself on Sunday too.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I can't wait to make a return trip in August for the Leap for Lupus. (Consider yourselves warned B|B|B|) Thanks everyone for a great time.

We'll be watching for ya! It's going to be a good time!

B|:5:0

My allergies kicked up so I couldn't enjoy the good weather as much as I wanted to. Figured out the Claritin thing yesterday so I could get a few jumps in. It was great to see Grannyinthesky up close and in person both on the ground and in the air!

:)
Lots of furniture moved and one new old couch out to the DZ hanger. Packed tandem rigs because WT packer took off early.

At least I have some cash on the jump tix account for the effort.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

0 : 1 : 1

Crappy Midwest weather = only 1 jump. :( It really sucked since it was the MWSL meet on Saturday. Damn strong winds!!! >:( But I did have a great time being part of the meet, and doing the 1 jump with my team. :)
And now our team is official, woo-hoo!! B| Go Team "Whats the Point"!!! Beer owed for my first meet, woo-hoo! Hopefully next time we'll get to complete the whole thing.

You're right Val -- 4-way ROCKS!! B|

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

0-1-0

I'm "current" again- my last jump was in August. Wish I could have made a few more but the winds were funky and weather was moving in. Sure did feel nice to get my knees in the breeze again though! Thanks Betzilla, Sara, Deb and Phil for helping me get back in the air! :)

2:14:2

7 tandems
3 Tandem Videos
2 H&P
1 FF shooting video for my friend working on his sit
1 4 way RW were I shot video

Beer owed for taking a trip to Austria in a few weeks and beer owed for my first real hard landing.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

:P, 10, 0

Went to the Farm and had a great time! Made 6 fun jumps (one ended with a pre-mature deployment! Ouch!) and 4 tandems! Reunited with some of the best people in the world and watched 3 fantastic ash dives for Skinnyshrek! We miss you Lee![:/]

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

You're right Val -- 4-way ROCKS!! B|

Heck yeah! Bummer that you guys only got one jump in...it's not always fun doing the smart thing! Hopefully, the next meet has better weather! Mmm....four-way...
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

:)
7 jumps in Byron on Saturday. 4 RW 4-ways with Julie organizing. 1 Mad John RW 8-way. 1 freefly and 1 track. All went great. It was a little bit smoky at altitude.

5 jumps in Davis on Sunday. I got to file IFR and fly my Cessna 182 through some marginal VFR (4 mile visibility in haze) to get there. 3 tandems, 1 freefly, 1 track. I brought some beer and a bottle of Jack for my first tandem cutaway last weekend.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

In Reply To
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't wait to make a return trip in August for the Leap for Lupus. (Consider yourselves warned ) Thanks everyone for a great time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We'll be watching for ya! It's going to be a good time!

Made my plane reservatins today!!B|B|
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490