likestojump

Does anybody know Danny McEwan of San Diego ?

his dz.com profile is http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=danmcewan

and he has failed to deliver a $1000 canopy to me. I am fairly certain this is NOT a scammer, rather a dishonest/stupid individual using their real name. I have 2 differnt email addresses and a valid phone number (that he does not pickup, nor do I want to post publically)

If anybody knows anything it would be appreciated. My next step is the authorities, but I want to give the community a shot first.

thank you !

Have you paid for the canopy in full? How long has it been that you've awaited delivery of the canopy? What delivery method did you choose? UPS? FedX? or regular US mail? I hope you chose a method that is trackable.

hi.

I understand your conern, but my question is not of shipment, rather contact information / general background. I buy/sell things ALL DAY LONG, and know how to things work.

the item is paid in full, I am not able to recover the money. The tracking number provided by UPS - to this day shows "Billing Information Received" which means that the label was generated, but the package was not given (or at least not scanned) by the driver. It has been 7 week for an in-country shipment.

On a positive note, it's wonderful what masking your phone number would do. Called from friends phone with a different state area code - and he picked up. Claims that it was shipped, and if he was to give me a refund HE WOULD BE OUT $1000.

how nice...

Ask him how he paid for the shippment. IF he says on card then ask him to show you the receipt. If not ask the time and date it was taken to the post offic and confirm it with them.

if none this shows he has shipped it then come back to the forums and let us know what you found out.

Stealing is not welcome but if you say a label was generated maybe this is an honest issue of him posting it and the driver stealong it?

I know you know what you are doing as i just received my package form you but maybe you have forgot an avenue?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Ask him how he paid for the shippment. IF he says on card then ask him to show you the receipt. If not ask the time and date it was taken to the post offic and confirm it with them.

if none this shows he has shipped it then come back to the forums and let us know what you found out.

Stealing is not welcome but if you say a label was generated maybe this is an honest issue of him posting it and the driver stealong it?

I know you know what you are doing as i just received my package form you but maybe you have forgot an avenue?

Thanks Gary. And thanks for the confidence. I still insist that I know what I am doing :)

the package was billed to an account (i verified that with UPS). In the past he has claimed that the package was picked up and he has a signed manifest. I have called on him to file a claim with UPS, as that would be a very easy if he does in fact have all the paperwork. At that point all communications from his side seized. That's why I posted the thread. Now, that I had him on the phone, he claims that he will do so first thing in the morning. Understand, that I, as a person who is NOT authorized on that account am not able to file the claim, nor do I have the above claimed manifest with the drivers signature.

:)