WatchYourStep

Where to buy a domain name...

I'm getting ready to buy a couple of domain names. Any suggestions on where to buy them from or is it all pretty well the same out there?

Thanks

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

http://www.webhostingjury.com/

Go daddy doesn't get very good reviews. I went there and there were a lot of adds on the page. Danica is there spokesperson and I think she is a complainer.
I got mine from Hostmonster which is owned by Bluehost.

Godaddy is cheap and pretty straight forward as far as usability goes, so they are certainly my top recommendation. I've also had good experiences with domaindirect.com in the past, although I have now transitioned all of my domains to godaddy for consolidation purposes.

Whatever you do, stay the hell away from 1and1.com and networksolutions.com. 1and1 is -horrible- when it comes to support and network solutions, well, that is a longer story... lets just say they suck. ;)

-syn

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin