bigway

Dogs Hip surgery (second in under 3 weeks)

So took the dog to the vets yesterday and picked her up this morning.
The Hip replacement had come out of the socket so this meant the vet had options left but not very good ones.

The best option was to put it back in... no good. The next best option was to perform a TPO and that is what he did. Shame a TPO leaves such horrible scars. 4 in total and all held in place by staples for a caouple of weeks.

The dog never whinned until we picked her up and now she is around people that know her she is letting us know that she is not a very happy girl. I am certain she knows what we are doing is trying to help her.

The reason the $5000 hip replacement did not work is 100% my fault for not being strict on her movement and that was very unfair of me to her.
The Bet has been a good guy to us and has told us that we do not need to fix him up for the second operation but we will give him $1500 or something.

I hope this works, if it does nto work we are left with a few more options with the worst being a FHO.
Her chances of this working are 50% but we have this time made sure that we have her in a cage, her leg is in a sling and she is going to heal.

I think if this does not work i am going to make the decision to have her leg amputated as i dont want her to go through any more of this surgery.

The vet says he is very suprised by how good she is, instead of keeping her for a couple of days after the surgery he got us to pick her up 12 hours after it so she would be more comfortable at home.

My other half goes to Perth for a week so this next week is going to be very hard alone with her.

A merceades car tried to overtake me on the inside today and then push his way into my lane so close that i had to slam the breaks on and a car behind me had to crash into an on coming car to avoid hitting myself. I caught up to the Merc driver and threw my thickshake through his window with the lid off even though i felt like bashing his head in with a tyre iron.
So yes, all this drama with the dog is playing a very stressful role in my life so i hate to think how it must be for my dog.

The Vet is one of Australias finest surgeons for small animals and is highly regarded around Universities in the USA so if he tells me she is a good dog and there are lots of options left before putting her to sleep and then also not charging us for the 6 hour surgery he performed I believe we are doing the right thing and have the right erson doing the job.

Anyway, 6 weeks of intensive care and strict movement and hopefully she can live her life with her brother as a fit one year old.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store