prepheckt

Rubik's Cube

I could never solve it. Surfing the web the other day I found Rubik's Cube in 4D! (aka a hypercube), and in 5D(a hyper hyper cube). The 5D version is so completely out of my frame of reference, I'm still trying to conprehend how the faces turn in more then 3 axes. I'm amazed people have actually solved them.

Anyone want to try? (Quade, I'm looking in your direction);)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I'm going to have to admit something, I can not picture a 4th physical dimension. My brain simply isn't wired for it.

4th dimension being temporal? Yes, absolutely. Physical? I can understand the concept, but simply can not picture it in my head.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

How do you pull the stickers off?

No seriously, those are ridiculous, I prefer the hands on one, when i was in nursing school i kept one on my desk and would solve it shortly before taking a test.

I used to turn one side a litle, and then pop one of the cubes out, then take the whole thing apart and put it back together. I had my whole family upset for weeks, because they thought I could complete the cube, and I told them I couldnt complete it with anyone watching. I funally cme clean, but it was funny watching everyone try even harder when they thought I could complete it. I was 6 then.
Ray

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I'm going to have to admit something, I can not picture a 4th physical dimension. My brain simply isn't wired for it.

4th dimension being temporal? Yes, absolutely. Physical? I can understand the concept, but simply can not picture it in my head.

I couldn't agree with you more...the person(s) who designed this should burn in hell....bloody plonkers...
I have the 5D one on my computer, I swear, I'd have an easier time curing cancer the solving that puzzle.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Just looking at the picture of the 5D one, I wanted to cry.

Trying to picture how it works, made my head hurt after about 5min.

For the people who actually have solved the 5D one...

I really don't have anything to say, except HFG!
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.