cocheese

I'm in BBQ heaven

It's all about cooking big hunks of meat outdoors with smoke and fire, with the end result being bad for you. What more could a guy want?B|

More cow bell, please. :S
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

It's all about cooking big hunks of meat outdoors with smoke and fire, with the end result being bad for you. What more could a guy want?B|

More cow bell, please. :S

They get rid of that well beforehand - tastes like shit when it melts over the meat.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Does Shotgun have a sister...that isn't as psycho?:P

Dude...as much as you hit on the ladies, you're gonna have a hard time convincing them that any requirement past a "yes" on breathing is important... :D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Lucky you. I can't find good BBQ in Florida, unless I do it myself.

OH come on, Woody's aint all bad!! [:/]:ph34r:

Two excellent sources of proper barbeque:

Crosstown Barbeque and Pappy's Place

For perfect barbecue, get the brisket from the former, and the sauce from the latter.

Notice their location is about halfway between Kansas City and Memphis. B|
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Does Shotgun have a sister...that isn't as psycho?:P

I have two sisters, probably not anywhere near as psycho as I am. (I'm definitely the black sheep.) One is married, but the other might be looking.... though she has a long list of requirements for Mr. Right, and I'm pretty sure that a skydiver would be on the "not acceptable" list. :P

I think I'll be going to visit them in Texas in a few weeks, and I'll probably make them eat lots of BBQ with me while I'm there (as I always do). :)

I am putting a nice pork loin and some baby-back ribs on the pit first thing in the AM so it will all be ready before our demo jump for the 4th. Gotta feed the troops before we head off to glory!!!!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Man I love bbq. You guys should try this recipe for bbq corn I have been using recently, its based off of a mexican recipe and is super good.

Take the husk off of the corn, and throw on the bbq. You want it to be slightly charred all the way around.
In the meantime, take some mayo and mix it with a little bit of your favorite spicy powder, I use habanaro or whatever is handy, or nothing at all if your don't like it too spicy.
Grate up some parmesan cheese really finely.
As soon as the corn is off the grill, spread with a thin layer of the mayo all around, and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve with a lime wedge. It is great because you can do it right on the grill with the meat. Don't be afraid of the mayo! Lots of people seem grossed out but it comes out tasty.
Who has some recipes for grillin meat? I have been experimenting with smoking in my weber with great success, however I am looking at getting a dedicated smoker for really long smokes. A dry smoker is what I want, right?
P.S. the secret to great bbq is good beer with it.... ;)

I even have it shipped from Texas sometimes, just so I can get a fix.

Where do you order from?

My favorite little place is down here in Goliad County. McMillan's. Just got listed in the Texas Monthly article and was chosen to represent Texas this past week at some event they were having in DC. Sucked because it meant he had to close for the week!
Killing threads since 2004.

Where do you order from?

I order from the County Line. It's probably not my favorite Texas BBQ, but it's pretty good, and it's a million times better than any BBQ here in California. I like to order from them because I can buy fairly small amounts at a time. I'd like to order from the Iron Works in Austin, but they only seem to sell large combination packs that include things I don't want.

My mom and stepdad have probably eaten at McMillan's. They always try new BBQ places when they're on road trips, especially if the place has been listed in the Texas Monthly best BBQ articles. They live in Kingsland, and there are lots of great mom-and-pop BBQ joints around there.

Man I love bbq. You guys should try this recipe for bbq corn I have been using recently, its based off of a mexican recipe and is super good.

Take the husk off of the corn, and throw on the bbq. You want it to be slightly charred all the way around.
In the meantime, take some mayo and mix it with a little bit of your favorite spicy powder, I use habanaro or whatever is handy, or nothing at all if your don't like it too spicy.
As soon as the corn is off the grill, spread with a thin layer of the mayo all around, and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve with a lime wedge. It is great because you can do it right on the grill with the meat. Don't be afraid of the mayo! Lots of people seem grossed out but it comes out tasty.
Who has some recipes for grillin meat? I have been experimenting with smoking in my weber with great success, however I am looking at getting a dedicated smoker for really long smokes. A dry smoker is what I want, right?

Basically you are making Elotes;)

Good bbq anywhere near Detroit is almost impossible.
:D:D:D
what are you doing in the south and where?:P

Well if you get into the the city, there is Viki's on west grand BLVD best ever, "SLOWS" is alright on Michigan AVE. and of course there is the Boneyard.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

The secret to great BBQ sauce is to heat the sauce separate from the meat. Good sauce needs to be kept a a temperature lower than that at which the meat is cooked, otherwise the sugar in the sauce will burn and spoil the flavor.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Went to a pig roast on the 4th and was sent home with a large zip top bag filled w/ porky goodness. Throw it on a kaiser bun w/ some Gates (spicy) bbq sauce and it's heaven. First time I ever tried Gates was Saturday. This guy talked it up at work so we ordered their gift pack.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Basically you are making Elotes;)

The best is at Sox park but my wife and I have been meaning to make it to the Elgin fresh market on a weekend for some. Love that stuff.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM