bigway

iPhone 3G

So at lunchtime today I walked in and picked up my new iPhone. Glad a i did not have to go to one of the stores with huge lines, instead found a quiet shop. They only had one Black 16gb left, the rest were all White. So lucky to get a black one.

It seems the customer service lady at telstra who hooked me up a brilliant deal was actually full of shit and that deal was not able to happen so i have changed companies.

For $79 a month i get something like the phone for free, $550 worth of calls per month, 700mb data allowance.

Not a bad deal but we will see how much data i need.

I use my imate jasjam as a pretty important part of my email life with gear sales so i hope the iphone does not eat too much data as the previous iphone did.

I also hope somehow i can load tomtom on to it and not have to use data for sat nav.

The new application that makes the phone a itunes remote and tv remote for the mac seems very cool, maybe if they get it for the pc it would be very handy for me as i run my computer from downstairs to my HD upstairs.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I use my imate jasjam as a pretty important part of my email life with gear sales so i hope the iphone does not eat too much data as the previous iphone did.

do you mean the os/required programs on the iphone or the amount of space your email takes up.

if the latter, have you considered storing anything over a week or so old on a remote server which can be accessed anytime you have connection (basically anytime w/iphone). if you use outlook than it should just be a simple Exchange server. do you use plain text format for emails? that cuts down space, as well as autoarchiving (I think that's the option) any email over X size (thinking pics here). I'm fairly sure that's all people in my company do with their blackberries, and we get tons of long email strings thanks to the reply-to-all culture.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

I dont mean space.... I mean download data. Downloading a email costs money.

My last providers package was a $100 a month for $750 calls plus $10 a month for 10mb of allowed data and then $2 a mb after that. My new provider is $79 a month for $550-$600 worth of calls including 700mb of download data.

I offer instant replies to my customers so when i am out or sleeping i have all emails come to my phone so i can reply. This now means i can download attatchments, without the worry of going over my old allocated 10mb of data.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Can you imagine having a iphone with having to pay $2 a MB. I can not believe the leading teco did not give a decent plan.

This iphone is one awesome gadget.

I consider a smartphone with a easy to use email system very valuable to me, this iphone is one amazing gadget.

Kudos to apple for making such a great product. The visual voicemail is something i hope that will work here in Australia (nobody has phoned me on it yet) as i usually hate having to check my messages as it is a slow painful process, this way makes it so much faster and selective.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Can you imagine having a iphone with having to pay $2 a MB. I can not believe the leading teco did not give a decent plan.

Why would they
the customer base is so small and Telstra owns most of the infrastructure, so they have a virtual monopoly on it.

They can almost charge what ever they want.

I cant even get a phone signal at the DZ UNLESS i'm with telstra. as they will not release the remote towers to the other providers
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

They don't offer unlimited data plans over there?

The entire US wireless industry is moving away from unlimited data. Verizon no longer offers it, even on their wireless PC modems. Bandwidth is becoming a finite resource.

Another article from CNN.

A spokesman for AT&T Inc., the exclusive carrier for the iPhone in the U.S., said there was a global problem with Apple Inc.'s iTunes software that prevented the phones from being fully activated in-store, as had been planned.

Note to Steve Jobs: When you deal with a shit company like AT&T, they are going to stab you in the back.

"Just look at this obviously innovative design," Yuki Kurita, 23, said as he emerged from buying his iPhone, carrying bags of clothing and a skateboard he had used as a chair during his wait outside the Tokyo store. "I am so thrilled just thinking about how I get to touch this."

Note to other wireless carriers - phones shaped like sex organs may sell very well in Japan.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Note to other wireless carriers - phones shaped like sex organs may sell very well in Japan.

Might as well, they already vibrate...
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.