Gawain

Beer Drinkers - Are You Ready for This?

For you Bud drinkers, you may, or may not know that Anheuser-Busch is the target of a hostile takeover from Belgium's InBev NV.

So, the King of Beers may be changing crowns in the near future. :o

Naturally, may political and high-visibility figures in Missouri aren't too thrilled with the idea, as there would be a clear cut change in upper management.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Belgium is goïng for world domination! We are proud to be drunk. Yeah, I also think this deal would do more good to the States than to Belgium itself. I'm shure you guys could use some great beers over there.
All speeding past collide and crashing, I'm in paradise.

I dunno.. I can think of a LOT of good Belgian beers. Can't think of many Busch products that go beyond "better than nothing".

There's a Bud Light neon sign in your avatar:D. Its a bit early but I'm trying to come up with a "Real Men of Genius" tune....:Dor do I have the wrong :D commercial:ph34r:. It needs to incorporate "money makuh":D

Its all just budwater and nasty light so who really cares. Cheap beer will always be cheap beer and unless your ready to fork out the cash you just have to enjoy it for what it is. I really dont think that a change in upper managment will really have any result on the end user.
Muff #5048

I dunno.. I can think of a LOT of good Belgian beers. Can't think of many Busch products that go beyond "better than nothing".

There's a Bud Light neon sign in your avatar:D. Its a bit early but I'm trying to come up with a "Real Men of Genius" tune....:Dor do I have the wrong :D commercial:ph34r:. It needs to incorporate "money makuh":D

"Here's to you, Mr. stuffing cash down Kitty's shirt guy. Sure, you'd like to cop a feel, but you'll take what you can get, and let your imagination do the rest."
"Mr. stuffing cash down kitty's shiiiirrrrt guyyyyy..!"

Something like that? :)

is the target of a hostile takeover from Belgium's InBev NV.

That is _so_ yesterday's news.;)

A-B has seen the light and is back in friendly talks with InBev as of today.

EDIT: its funny that after lawsuits, getting political pundits to weight in about the un-american shift in the beer industry and that A-B should remain american, all it took was $5 more a share! :D
Remster

is the target of a hostile takeover from Belgium's InBev NV.

That is _so_ yesterday's news.;)

A-B has seen the light and is back in friendly talks with InBev as of today.

EDIT: its funny that after lawsuits, getting political pundits to weight in about the un-american shitf in the beer industry and that A-B should remain american, all it took was $5 more a share! :D

A-B's resistance is understandable. They are afraid InBev's takeover might mean they are actually forced to produce beer again, and it has been so long since they've done that, there is no one left in the company who remembers how to do it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hey, quit knocking American beer. I'll have you know that A-B produces some of the finest top-quality.....

Ah, who the hell am I kidding. American beer is crap, and all of my favorite beers are Belgian. Bring on the trappist! :P

I wasn't knocking American beer. There is good American beer, e.g.:
http://www.newbelgium.com/index.php

I was knocking those pallid imitations of American beer.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Its all just budwater and nasty light so who really cares.

Not true, and it's really starting to piss me off. A-B has realized how much money they're not making from microbrew drinkers and is trying to trick us out of our dollars. My main grocer has a great selection of micro-beers, and I'm usually up for trying something new if I think it might be good. Well A-B is now making a whole bunch of beers other than bud and bud light and packaging them as if they're hand-crafted type beers. So far, whenever checking out a 6-pack, I've noticed the fine print of "Anheuser-Bush, St. Louis, Missouri" before I've purchased, but if they keep this up, it's only a matter of time before they'll get me for 7 bucks or so. >:(:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

> Its all just budwater and nasty light so who really cares.

After learning about the history of Budweiser specifically I find I have more appreciation for it. Sure, it's not a Lost Abbey beer, but for what it is they did a good job.

There's beer for all occasions. When I'm sitting around and want something tasty I'll look for an Inferno or a Pyramid hef, but when you've just made 10 jumps and it's 106F out I'm more likely to go for a Coors.

Why on Earth would a Belgium beer company want to buy BUD?!

A-B still has the dominant market share for the GLOBAL beer market;)

RYODER, I just happened to have had a nice bottle of LaFolie last night (New Belgium). Very different flavor but not bad.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.