FlyinDawg

Gout

I'm wonderin' if anyone had suffer of gout? Yes I do have, some of you know I have it. But I have got it biggest better. Gout is not curable by medience and help by treatment but curable by eat right foods. What I have eat right foods is:

Fresh cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries
Bananas
Celery
Tomatoes
Vegetables including kale, cabbage, parsley, green-leafy vegetables
Foods high in bromelain (pineapple)
Foods high in vitamin C (red cabbage, red bell peppers, tangerines, mandarins, oranges, potatoes)
Drink fruit juices and purified water (8 glasses of water per day)
Low-fat dairy products
Complex carbohydrates (breads, cereals, pasta, rice, as well as aforementioned vegetables and fruits)
Chocolate, cocoa
Coffee, tea (non-sugar)
Carbonated beverages
Essential fatty acids (tuna and salmon, flaxseed, nuts, seeds)
Tofu, although a legume and made from soybeans, may be a better choice than meat

It's help to reduce uric acid bloods.

It's not recommended to eat when you have gout as Purine-Rich Foods.

Beer, other alcoholic beverages.
Anchovies, sardines in oil, fish roes, herring.
Yeast.
Organ meat (liver, kidneys, sweetbreads)
Legumes (dried beans, peas)
Meat extracts, consomme, gravies.
Mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I have gout; so far just in my toes but the attacks have been increasing in intensity. I have not done a lot of research on the subject so thanks for the advice. Eating the good foods is a lot easier than not eating the bad ones, especially the bit about alcohol and mushrooms.

At least it looks like good menu choices. I've heard that gout can be a pretty painful thing to deal with-that sux.:(

Yes, It was so painful, it's feel like when sledgehammer crush your foot.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

I have gout; so far just in my toes but the attacks have been increasing in intensity. I have not done a lot of research on the subject so thanks for the advice. Eating the good foods is a lot easier than not eating the bad ones, especially the bit about alcohol and mushrooms.

I have it on top of foot, not toes. It's reducing now. If you eat right foods like I recommend. It will give chance less and stop gout attacks. :)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

At least once a day, after lunch or dinner, put a tablespoon of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in a big cup of ice water, with a splash of lemon juice.

It'll cure what ails ya. Plus, dab a little on with a cotton ball directly.

Trust me. I know what I am talking about. That ACV works on everything.
Roll Tide Roll

watch out for kidney stones if you have gout.......;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

watch out for kidney stones if you have gout.......;)

It's rare for have kidney stones for gout users.... plus kidney failures too. Still rare for it.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

My Grandpa & Dad both had/have suffered from gout and yes, the dietary changes helped quite a lot. The apple cider vinegar solution and bing cherry juice concentrate drinks were also good quickie fixes if they were being a bit slack with the food choices. It's a nice bonus that a good "gout avoidance" diet is also great for your general health - very heart healthy, high fiber, low sodium, low glycemic index, etc.

My brother (the Anchor Steam & Jameson aficionado) & I are both very much looking forward to our first gout episodes :S:S. Our family genetics = lots of fun times at the cardiologists & all the other -ists.

Try Indomethicin for flare ups. Alipurinol (sp)? daily will ward off the effects of gout.

By far, gout is the most painful condition I have ever experienced.

My doctor told me to modify my diet. Telling me to eliminate the same items you mentioned.

I didn't modify my diet and I increased the beer drinking.

The medicine keeps the gout at bay. And the cold beer sure is good!
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

Good news. My gout has been gone completely by properly diet and a shot from 3 weeks ago. It will not further attack again. Uric acid bloods had been less also. Even, It's not from genetic, whew. My doctor amazed for what I care my health. :)

Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

I started getting it when I was 25. It was in my feet as far as toes, etc. Limped a lot and it hurt like hell.

When I was living on a DZ my knee started hurting. It became totally stiff where I could not move it and it hurt like hell. So much I could not work for two months and had to sell all my gear just to get it resolved.

I now suffer from severe gout in my knees and feet. I am 32. It is from a bad diet and too much alchohol. I am on medicine which helps but I recommend that you change your diet and alcohol intake now.

:(

My understanding is gout is forever and so is the required medicine. They say you cant even control it with diet. But I told them no frickin way am I talking a drug for the rest of my life. My doc laughed when I said I was going to go with out the meds, said people have been trying for years to do it. He suggested when I get it again (not if) come back for the meds. I do 2 things ACV daily and I keep Black cherry juice on hand, I usually take a few big drinks a week. And if I start to feel a episode coming on I drink the shit out of the juice. Its usually is a small tingle for a day or so before it starts to hurt, atleast for me. In 1 year Ive had no full blown episodes and I had 3 in the 6 months before I went to the doc. so either the juice or the acv is working. I had a couple tingle episodes and I drank the cherry juice and it never went into a full blown episode.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I just got over an episode. Started with a weekend of drinking too much on a canoeing trip. I thought I had it under control and went out the next Fri. for seafood nachos. Big mistake!! First time the shell fish has set mine off. I took me most of the next week to get it under control.

I have only ever had it in my toes and ankles. The only problem, the swelling causes my right ankle to dislocate. It takes days of Aleve and lots of water to get the swelling down and get everything back where it is supposed to be.

This past winter, my good friend stubbed his toe pretty hard on a dresser in the middle of the night. A couple days later it started hurting, so he went to the doctor for help with his self-diagnosed broken toe. Because of the delay in onset of pain, the physician assumed the two events were unconnected and instead diagnosed gout. After a week of not eating/drinking the way he wanted, the pain persisted, so he returned to the doctor and got a prescription. Another week of not eating/drinking the way he wanted, he had a nasty side-effect from the drug...rectal bleeding. This of course earned him an anal probing with a scope, after which the doctor's diagnosis was, "Must be hemorrhoids." and he changed his prescription. Another week after that, with the pain still there, my friend returned to the doctor who finally called a podiatrist. On the speakerphone, with my friend present, the foot doc said "that doesn't sound like gout, it sounds like a broken toe." A quick set of x-rays confirmed this, and of course the treatment for a broken toe is nothing.

Yes, a stubbed toe can in fact lead to an unnecessary anal probing. All you gotta do is mention gout. :D

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)