JSE

Costa Rica

Well, I just found out that I’m going to Costa Rica for my post bar exam trip. I leave in about two and a half weeks and I’ll be there for about two weeks. I am insanely busy between now and when I leave (studying for the bar, taking the bar, moving out of my apartment) so I don’t have to much time to plan stuff...

So has anyone been there lately? Got any recommendations of things to do? Places to stay? Things I should know? I’m not a very experienced international traveler, but at least I know that my passport is still “in date.”

We went for our honeymoon.... Look up a tour company called Avispa's Adventures... they do great tours and not the cattle car kinds. We paid a few bucks extra and actually had a private full day tour. Great people and reasonable prices compared to what you get for the big bus-type tours.

the place we stayed has since been bought out by a chain hotel (Hilton or Hyatt)- would have recommended it before but no idea what changes were made.

Did one trip to Diria coffee plantation and that was one of the neatest tours I've ever done! ALso went to Miravalles, did some hiking to see some off-the trail waterfalls/jungle, zip lining and some horseback riding.

i just moved back after living there for a year. i'll pm you my number. i'll give you the skinny on everything from desolate beaches with great surf, crazy party towns, bungee jumping, hot springs, i'll even share 2 base objects that i've done... one of which you land on a beach full of hookers! if you're into that sort of thing... by the way, if you're not, i'd recomend a different trip.

i just moved back after living there for a year. i'll pm you my number. i'll give you the skinny on everything from desolate beaches with great surf, crazy party towns, bungee jumping, hot springs, i'll even share 2 base objects that i've done... one of which you land on a beach full of hookers! if you're into that sort of thing... by the way, if you're not, i'd recomend a different trip.

would you mind copying me on this PM I'm hoping to go again this winter...

See attached photos... Costa Rica a few months ago.

LOVE THE PLACE.

Look for the Trapp Family Inn near the airport for a night's stay. Cool place.

Jaco was very touristy. Caldera is awesome for paragliding.

The people are awesome.

Don't be stupid, there are a lot of people there who are not as honest as..... Example, a family was pulled over for a "flat tire". Their car was stolen when they got out to see the tire.