BillyVance

Scare Tactics

Was watching this last night. Got a new host - Tracy Morgan. It's good... :D The best was the "Best Of" episode right after. Anybody remember the Rat Monster? Had me laughing so hard at the gay PETA victim. :D

If you had the chance to, would you put a friend on this show? >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The vampires on motorcycles was another good one. The hot girl said she was gonna roll the window down and throw her high heel at them. :D

Also the homeless guy helping out in the soup kitchen and getting his leg sawed off. Classic! :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think it's perverse to frighten people that badly, as a joke. Some of them are actually made to believe that they've killed someone. This is practical joking gone too far.

Actually, I'm really surprised somebody hasn't gotten hurt yet.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Since "intentional infliction of emotional distress" is a recognized tort, they must be paying those people piles of cash to get them to sign releases - either before or after - though I think before is more likely, and then the whole thing is just fake, like the rest of TV...
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Seems to me, these folks are setting themselves up for 'legal action'. I've read of cases where a practical joke was played and the subject of the joke died of a heart attack. In that incident, a dead snake was placed on the front seat of the 'subject's' vehicle. He was deathly afraid of snakes. Those who played the joke were charged with voluntary manslaughter. I guess, that's why I don' play pranks on other folks.

Chuck

I think it's perverse to frighten people that badly, as a joke. Some of them are actually made to believe that they've killed someone. This is practical joking gone too far.

Actually, I'm really surprised somebody hasn't gotten hurt yet.

I think they got close to getting someone hurt once, the hitchhiker with the bowling ball bag holding a severed head wrapped in cellophane. He acted weird and requested they pull over so he could take a leak, and he took the van keys with him so they couldn't drive off, and they looked into his bag and freaked out, but tried to play it cool when he came back, he acted suspicious and asked "did you look in my bag?" "no dude!" and he ends up pulling what I think was a fake knife and plunged it into the driver's stomach, and the guy in the back seat starts pounding on the hitchhiker. I mean like 6 or 7 good shots before he exposed his big knife and asked "are you scared? You shouldn't be, you're on scare tactics" :D

Seems to me, these folks are setting themselves up for 'legal action'. I've read of cases where a practical joke was played and the subject of the joke died of a heart attack. In that incident, a dead snake was placed on the front seat of the 'subject's' vehicle. He was deathly afraid of snakes. Those who played the joke were charged with voluntary manslaughter. I guess, that's why I don' play pranks on other folks.

Chuck

You've got a point there. I'm hoping those people on scare tactics pre-screen the victims to make sure they are in good health or won't go overboard or something, but what do I know...

I still remember the talk show shooting death of someone who proclaimed he had a gay crush on somebody else on TV. The latter guy shot him. :S