SpeedRacer

Does anyone else ever get nostalgic for "old school" computer games?

Like the Zork games?

Or what about the old Mac games like Oregon trail, or the Scarab of Ra, or Daleks?

I miss them, and I wish there was a way to find those old games, but I can't seem to find a website that has them in working order for modern day PC.:(
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I really liked the Wolfenstein and Doom series games. Maybe not as old as the ones you mentioned, but I'd love to play them again, especially when I had the cheat codes to be indestructible and fully armed right off the bat. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I still have Wizardry on my Apple II.. I learned how to cheat on it the old fashioned way... I wrote a decompiler to take the Apple Pascal code apart that it was written in by Wernda;)

I knew I was getting too far into the Doom thing when I started making my own levels...

My dad bought us kids a Commodore 64, and my brother and I used to steal the pages from the Commodore 64 Magazine, on the program yourself games .... :$

River Raiders
Dead or Alive
Snake
Pong

Damn those were great games, all written in code by me and my spaz brother

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Yup, I really do. I've been trying to find a download to the old Rambo first blood game that I used to have on my IIGs. It was a text game. That and another game called Black Cauldron.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Like the Zork games?
I miss them, and I wish there was a way to find those old games, but I can't seem to find a website that has them in working order for modern day PC.:(

For Zork, try this http://www.gameszoo.org/rezork/. :)
For Scott Adams adventures (my personal favorites) try this http://www.ifiction.org/games/index.php?cat=44.

For Brian Howarth adventures, try this http://www.ifiction.org/games/index.php?cat=43.

Cheers.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

A while back I found a disk of TETRIS that I had years ago. I put it in the computer and it ran SO FAST that it was not possible to even play level 1!! It was such a laugh! I used to play that game for HOURS on end!!

I work 24 hr shifts on an ambulance and my wife purcahsed me a psp system for my down time to pass the time away. I can watch videos, listen to music or play games with that thing and as of late I ONLY purcahse aracade classic. pac man, joust and the like from the 80's and am loving it even though I am not a game type person!
www.greenboxphotography.com

A while back I found a disk of TETRIS that I had years ago. I put it in the computer and it ran SO FAST that it was not possible to even play level 1!! It was such a laugh! I used to play that game for HOURS on end!!

I used to play Tetris (on a 5-1/2" floppy ;) ) between test subjects while I ran psychology experiments in college. Ah, the good old days.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Sword of Fargoal for the C64... never beat that game. I recently found a free copy that I can play on my PC...I still can't win.B|

Occasionally I get in a game of Yar's Revenge (Atari) or Black Tiger (Sega Arcade)... playing it on a PS3 w/ a 42" plasma.:D:D:D

"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Rose tinted glasses. :)
I recently downloaded the 'original' version of Jet Pac from Xbox Live. I was blown away by that game when it came out, which I guess was around 1983. When I loaded it up I was like, this isn't the game I used to play - it's terrible! But sadly of course, it is that game. 25 years of technology advances have spoiled it for me.