ianmdrennan

The Dark Knight

Caught the midnight screening of this last night.

Holy CRAP! Amazing movie, way better than Batman Begins IMO. Honestly, its the best movie I've seen in the theater this year. Ledger's performance as The Joker was incredible, and Aaron Eckhart knocked Harvey Dent/Two Face out of the park.

Besides a teeny little quibble with 1 Batman 'device' the movie was near perfect IMO.

We're going to watch it again (on IMAX this time).

Blues,
Ian
ps: Keep an eye out for the new Terminator movie (Christian Bale as John Connor) and the new Watchmen movie previews.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Can't wait to see the Dark Knight. i have heard nothing but fantastic reviews on it.

I saw the T4 preview online....mixed feelings on it. T3 sucks major donkey balls, plus no Arnold (though it's rumored he may have a cameo).....I just hope it's not a me-too futuristic apocalypse film.

I heard ledger would get the oscar for this if he were alive and would have shot up from there.

People might say cause he is dead that people will now say how great he is but after watching this movie and being a huge movie buff i have to say that his acting of this role in this film is one of the best performances i think i have ever seen. He took the joker to a whole other level.
What a talented young man he was.

If anyone sees this movie, even if they hate the guy or are negative about how people will percieve him now he is dead, i am certain everyone will be amazed by his performance.

He must have been in a dark place when he died if he was 'living the character' so to speak.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Easily one of the best movies I have ever seen. Heath Ledger as the Joker is a HUGE part of that.

I didn't think this movie could live up to the hype. And seeing it in IMAX blew me away. I'll be doing that again as soon as it's not sold out

Screw Imax. I want to see this film on my full HD screen via Blu-Ray.
Actually wish i had waited to see it on Blu-Ray.

After watching Blu-ray on full hd screen i have stopped downloading films or going to the theatre as i would rather wait for the bluray.

A blu-ray film through HDMI is better than any cinema i have ever seen.

Sorry for going on, just annoyed i saw it before it came out on Blu Ray.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Pity you don't live in a town where they have real digital theaters then.

No home theater can ever hope to compete with the best digital theaters in LA.

That said, I just came back from seeing The Dark Knight at a new IMAX theater and was very impressed with the sound, but had to complain to the management after about the status of their dust in the projection booth. It was horrible. Worst I'd ever seen but it appears that almost no one in the theater staff had noticed including the projectionist. BTW, yes, I'm picky and do know what's what when it comes to these things. I was really surprised that the projection booth hadn't been up to snuff yet, but this theater JUST opened on the 17th with the mid-night showing and it was very apparent they had rushed some things in order to get the theater open for the weekend.

As for the movie itself, it's amazing but I also think it's a bit much. They -probably- should have ended this one somewhere around the 1.5 hour mark. I'm not saying they needed to -cut- anything, just STOP the movie and pick it back up as in the next sequel. After 2.5 hours it's just exhausting.

For those that HAVE seen the movie, click this link or if you don't mind background information that may turn out to be a bit of a spoiler, go ahead and click it anyway. This plot device was also used in the movie Thunderball, only in that movie it was actually done as a real live stunt.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

either that or the theatres i go to in sydney and london dont know how to callibrate their gear.

Also, i am very happy with the comforts of watching on my home set up. After spending so much on a set up it is nice to not have to go and pay a fortune on a movie experience.

Each to their own though.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

. . . on a movie experience.

And that is also part of what I like about real movie theaters. There is something about sitting in a dark room with hundreds of people and feeling their reaction to something HUGE going on.

There are also times that sucks . . . so I guess it's a bit of a flip of the coin there. Heads you win . . .
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

. . . on a movie experience.

And that is also part of what I like about real movie theaters. There is something about sitting in a dark room with hundreds of people and feeling their reaction to something HUGE going on.

There are also times that sucks . . . so I guess it's a bit of a flip of the coin there. Heads you win . . .

The contrast ratio on my camera still seemed a bit low. I was on the right hand side of the screen and the bottom left was too dark for my taste. I'm going back to see it again tomorrow on a regular screen and will most likely see it on IMAX at least one more time.

edit: For those that know me....this movie had me speechless afterwards. I don't think I said much of anything till I got home.

This plot device was also used in the movie Thunderball, only in that movie it was actually done as a real live stunt.

It was also done in the John Wayne film The Green Beretscirca 1968. A similar form/concept of it is still practiced today although on a smaller scale and not on a person.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'm curious which device irked you...pm me if you dont want to spoil it.

I thought it was great, but definitely took some turns that I didn't expect and don't know how to feel about...maybe because I am not familiar with comics. Looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

-S

Pity you don't live in a town where they have real digital theaters then.

Have you heard of these Ultra-Screens that are going up? I know Marcus Theater has them and they are put up on huge screens with decent sound systems. What I can't tell is if they are using typical 35mm projectors. They call them "IMAX" substitutes and I don't see how that is possible.

The device that I mentioned was the sonar stuff - it just didn't fit right in the movie (I thought) and was a little too unusual in a world where they spent a lot of time trying to make everything as 'real' as they could.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

The device that I mentioned was the sonar stuff - it just didn't fit right in the movie (I thought) and was a little too unusual in a world where they spent a lot of time trying to make everything as 'real' as they could.

Blues,
Ian

Let me get this straight. Thats the one thing you had a problem with in a movie about a man running around wearing a mask and cape who leaps off of buildings?:D If there is one thing I found unusual that I'd mention about the movie it would be how simple dogs would be the hardest thing for Batman to deal with. Falling out of a skyscraper and landing on a car and surviving...no problem. Dealing with 2 dogs...forget about it....too hard. :D:D:P

In actuality, what was done with the sonar/cell phones was not that much of a stretch. We already have ground penetrating radar that works and the networking of the cell phones/towers to triangulate position can be found in your current iphone/GPS enabled phone. Putting the 2 together is a bit futuristic but far more believable than a man and a woman falling from the penthouse to the street and both walking away unhurt.:P

Fantastic movie hands down and Ledger was indeed outstanding in his performance. I suspect we will see this one getting an award or two or three down the line.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I heard ledger would get the oscar for this if he were alive and would have shot up from there.

People might say cause he is dead that people will now say how great he is but after watching this movie and being a huge movie buff i have to say that his acting of this role in this film is one of the best performances i think i have ever seen. He took the joker to a whole other level.
What a talented young man he was.

If anyone sees this movie, even if they hate the guy or are negative about how people will percieve him now he is dead, i am certain everyone will be amazed by his performance.

He must have been in a dark place when he died if he was 'living the character' so to speak.

Whoa - I never even considered that until you mentioned it here. Talk about Method Acting...! Maybe it pushed him over? How awful! The finest performance of his career and it cost him everything. Tragic.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ::::

The Joker Dies! Well, not in the movie - but after the movie was made and in Real life . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Dude-That was wrong. Even for you that was wrong.

By SPOILER he means that the movie execs. are holding him to his contractual obligations regarding the sequel...

Gonna have him stuffed like Roy Rogers did to Trigger and use him 'Claymation' style.

Ole Heath in the hot sun is soon to RANK as the all time, REAL 'Spoiler'...>:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~