simplyputsi

Diagnose my car stereo problem

Damn skippy!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8699303&type=product&id=1199494692558

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8673688&type=product&id=1197074854142

Both of these are pretty good quality units. The pioneer is the one I installed for my brother and it has more damn fetures than my Premier (although I have 3 sets of 5v pre-amp outputs). Do your research and ask car audio guys (and I dont mean the ones at best buy). Good luck with whatever you do.;)

Muff #5048

I have been a "professional" installer for almost 3 years now. There's nothin like diagnosing car audio problems!....Nothing as frustrating atleast. ;) Sounds to me like everyone else is right, its the internal amplifier. They all have a protect mode in which the amp will shut off if the unit gets to hot, a speaker grounds out, etc etc, anything that could damage the amp. Rarely will it stay in protect when the unit is turned off then on again, it takes a little bit for it to switch over and shut off again. Nowadays it will cost almost as much if not more to fix the radio than buy a new one. Just do some shopping around and find one that fits you. There are obvious brands to stay away from but you probably know those. Good luck!

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

So, not that anyone cares, but I finally gave up on my stereo this past weekend and bought a new one. I only gave it a little more time because one day it actually started to work again. So I thought maybe it was a loose wire. After checking for myself it was off to the store.

Ended up with a Sony, that is ipod ready. Now I need an ipod :P

Pretty happy with it so far as the sound seems to be a little better than my previous one.

When I get a chance I plan on using the old one for a little target practice. mwuahahaha

Skymama's #2 stalker -

So, not that anyone cares, but I finally gave up on my stereo this past weekend and bought a new one. I only gave it a little more time because one day it actually started to work again. So I thought maybe it was a loose wire. After checking for myself it was off to the store.

Ended up with a Sony, that is ipod ready. Now I need an ipod :P

Pretty happy with it so far as the sound seems to be a little better than my previous one.

When I get a chance I plan on using the old one for a little target practice. mwuahahaha

You know . . . you could use it as bait.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun