Andy_Copland

Powered Parachutes

OK those who hop into these flying death machines, one of my buddies has one but never uses it, practically brand new.

He's given us free use of it so of course you know what that means, rigs on and up we go.

Now to be fair we have all agree'd to learn to fly it so we all get equal jump/flight duties.

A couple of questions come to mind. From what i can gather there is simply a throttle control and steering by lines attached to foot bars and canopy. If you get an engine failure and it wont start what would the procedure be?

Without getting all doom and gloom how hard are these things to fly?

Does the weight suddenly dropping from the jumper exiting cause any issues or problems?

Can i barn storm with a mustache and flying goggles?

Uh...instruction?;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

What make and model is that? I would like to see it and check one out.
Joe

I'll get the exact specs this weekend. will probably snap a pic or 2. We had a bunch of things changed when it was made, so it's not very stock.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

What make and model is that? I would like to see it and check one out.
Joe

I'll get the exact specs this weekend. will probably snap a pic or 2. We had a bunch of things changed when it was made, so it's not very stock.

What brand is it? if you helped design then you should know this. becareful with thos pics, unless this is approved for jumping and the ppc has an N number then it's illegal to jump.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

ah, why worry, get a worn out tandem, put a prop on a lawn mower, strap it to your back and off you go!!!

this shit's crazy..

me, i actually dont like flying too much, and i'm pretty happy can i leave the jump-plane with a parachute on my back. no money in this world could make me sit in one of those..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

ah, why worry, get a worn out tandem, put a prop on a lawn mower, strap it to your back and off you go!!!

this shit's crazy..

me, i actually dont like flying too much, and i'm pretty happy can i leave the jump-plane with a parachute on my back. no money in this world could make me sit in one of those..

I thought you where leaving DZ.COM
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3281080;#3281080

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

this shit's crazy..

I thought you where leaving DZ.COM
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3281080;#3281080

Joe

yea, but then that happened..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda