guppie01

WHAOOOOOOO

Just had an earthquake.... :o

g

They always spook me too.
The dogs got all excited too.
It was 10-15 seconds long and rumbling for me.
The house was shaking - not a lot - but enough to wanna run outside.
We went outside asap.
I don't see a report yet on the USGS site.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Just had an earthquake.... :o

g

They always spook me too.
The dogs got all excited too.
It was 10-15 seconds long and rumbling for me.
The house was shaking - not a lot - but enough to wanna run outside.
We went outside asap.
I don't see a report yet on the USGS site.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Was just getting out of my car in Pasadena, damn near knocked me over.

There's a 1 in 20 chance it's the forshock to the Big One!!!

NickD :)

shhhhhh no need to create panic, and mass hysteria. :D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

My brother went through the Loma Prieta quake in the Bay area, you remember, the Bay Area World Series quake. His house was just 9 miles from the epicenter, and all he lost was a pair of China plates off the fireplace mantel.

He moved to the big island of Hawaii, and got hit by a big earthquake there last year just a few miles off shore from his house. That one cracked some walls.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>>I was there for the Northridge quake years back. We thought that was the big one.
Prior to Northridge the one we thought was the biggie was the Sylmar earthquake of 1971 . . .

I remember the Sylmar quake very well. As well as Northridge. Yup, my nerves are rattled. The little ones don't bother me. This one....

It's been downgraded to a 5.4
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

huntington beach....ok maybe i'm exagerating a bit but it sure as hell felt like it. Heavy ass autoparts we're falling off the shelves at my work. And the building I work in is old and made of bricks so yeah I was scared. :D

That was the strongest one I've ever felt , but I've only lived in Cali since 2001. I was mesmerized by the shaking for a few seconds before it occurred to me that I should get out of the house.

That's the weird thing about earthquakes - they just happen out of the blue. I grew up around tornadoes, which are scary too, but at least you have some warning with those.

TV news is passing out that bad info about getting into a doorway. That course of action has been disproved after studies down in Mexico and Japan. In a really bad earthquake standing in a doorway can cut you in half if the structure collapses. Likewise getting under a heavy table can crush you.

Most earthquake survivors are found in voids. Voids are formed next to beds or large pieces of furniture inside collapsed structures . . .