airkid

moving to another country

Ok, I'm looking for usable advice. For some reason, I don't even know why, I want to move to australia.... Just for like a year or so. The only problems I have are:
1) I don't have a place to live lined up
2) I don't have a job lined up
3) I have no ties, whatsoever to australia, so I would essentially be alone
4) I have no idea how to obtain a visa...
5) I don't know what they use for currency or the conversion rate or the estimated cost of living in australia...

Basically all I have is a desire to go, and stay long enough to pick up a really cool accent...

So if anybody has any advice on how to solve any of these delemnas or any that I haven't thought of please, let me know...

Also, if anyone here is an aussie or has aussie ties and could hook me up with a job at a dropzone packing or whatnot, please chip in..... Thanks guys....

Ok so in order of your issues.

1) Your're screwed.
2) Your're screwed.
3) Not really a bad thing.
4) It's called the internet. It has everything! Check out a student visa or something like that. Lets you stay and work for something like 12 months.
5) They call it the dollar. It's an aussie dollar aka the south pathetic peso! ;) it is doing much better now that the US dollar is sucking lke a Hoover. Cost of living is not that bad but gas/insurance is an expensive one.

Good luck. I had an "in" with a job and a sponser and it was just too complicated for me to mess with. [:/]

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

ok well get your self a 12month working visa,
and that's all you need,

all therest you can work out when you are here.

I'm being serious, our dollar is almost on apr with the US$$ at present and out cost of living is comparable to major cities in the USofA.
It is VERY Easy to pick up work and 12 month WORKING visas are pretty much standard
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

if you are 30 or under, get a one year working holiday visa. that lets you into australia for a year and u can work if u want.

u could totally come over to australia with no plans, depends how daring u are. everything's do-able. once u get here it is easy enough to find share accomodation if ur not that fussy. there is a bit of a rental crisis in the middle of the big cities so it's hard to get a place and it's damn expensive.

once again, if u want a job and ur not that fussy, u can find something. else if ur a professional then i guess it depends on what u do.

u just need enough money to be able to last say a month or so by the time u find a job and home. the rest is an adventure.

of course if u have lots of money then everything is do-able.

u just need enough money to be able to last say a month or so by the time u find a job and home. the rest is an adventure.

of course if u have lots of money then everything is do-able.

you dont need much money, work is easy to find if you are willing to work
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ok, I'm looking for usable advice. For some reason, I don't even know why, I want to move to australia.... Just for like a year or so. The only problems I have are:
1) I don't have a place to live lined up
2) I don't have a job lined up
3) I have no ties, whatsoever to australia, so I would essentially be alone
4) I have no idea how to obtain a visa...
5) I don't know what they use for currency or the conversion rate or the estimated cost of living in australia...

Basically all I have is a desire to go, and stay long enough to pick up a really cool accent...

So if anybody has any advice on how to solve any of these delemnas or any that I haven't thought of please, let me know...

Also, if anyone here is an aussie or has aussie ties and could hook me up with a job at a dropzone packing or whatnot, please chip in..... Thanks guys....

my friend, haave you ever heard of JFGI ?
Because you if cannot use Google to find information as simple as the type of currency used in Australia or any other country - your chances of migratory success are very slim.

Just entertain yourself - type "australian currency" into Google.

i'm guessing you need to stay longer than a year to pick up on the accent......

I was in Oz less than 4 months and I found my sentences rising alarmingly at the end. Like everything you say is a question?
I don't think it's cool :o (the accent) bit I can see why people move there. Not for me for reasons other than the accent.
Good luck enjoy life :)
but what do I know

Hey thanks, you guys are awesome (except the guy who questioned my ability to work a computer...). So how much would I need to survive my first month? And no I am not a professional at anything practical.

And pops, no I am not deserting the military, my contract expires at the end of this year...

And I pick up accents super easy if I immerse myself....

Hey thanks, you guys are awesome (except the guy who questioned my ability to work a computer...). So how much would I need to survive my first month? And no I am not a professional at anything practical.

$1000 would be plenty you WILL get work IF you want it
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?