sdctlc

Argus AAD Info

I am actually suprised that there was not more noted about the offer is Skydiving (jan '06 pg3) for a pre order for $838. I searched and did not find anything about the offer or about the unit and its final pre release testing.

I looked on the website and found some things out about the unit and was suprised to see it needed service every 2 years and that it was expected to expire at 12 yrs 3 months. Nice that the battery could be easily and inexpensively changed. Firing parameters seem similar to other comparable units.

With all of the "talk" about the Vigil I am suprised that more is not being noted on this unit and its offer. Does nybody have any real world experience with the beta units or know about the Service centers ect..... I am not really looking for one but I like knowing what is out there and the pros and cons....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I liked the note in the add, something to the effect of "Since 1993" Yeah, I know the story but still.

Personally, I think competition is good in the AAD market. However, I going with tried and true technology. ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP