normiss

Where are all the SKYDIVERS???

BTW

BONFIRE

Sit back, relax and vent yer angst! This is the place for non-skydiving related discussions. Politics, guns and religion and other sociological debates should be taken to the Speakers Corner please.

:) Just in case you hadn't noticed!

FYI - recently posted by a mod/Instructor

. (one that doesn't take unauthorized liberties with their position) : The well dries up, no more tandems. No more tandems, fewer fun loads go up at most DZ's. Like it or not, public perception of our sport fuels aircraft in most areas.
Same with anything else.
Additionally, a bad landing in a public area only furthers the perception that skydivers are crazy SOB's that land on whatever, wherever whenever.
Bad landings that injure people or property cause insurance rates to rise, perceptions and acceptance to decline, and impacts the marketing of the sport. All of which are important in the larger picture.
Maybe you own a DZ that doesn't sell tandems and only caters to skydivers that pay enough for jump tickets to keep food on your table? The tandems & the newbies you snub & mock

PAY THE BILLS !

It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Look what I Found

thats the other thing ive not been to the DZ in 12 weeks for a few reasons

And yet the reply included:
How's everything??
Love your jokes...don't stop...

Sounds like encouragement to keep posting...whether skydiving or NOT

So... the rules/standards change in a rather fickle manner, according to whatever suits you? Such friendly Vibes - that'll help draw & keep new people to the sport!
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

There does seem to be an increase in the percentage of "prior" jumpers, but I don't generally care...some of them are quite cogent, or at least entertaining. My favorite was someone with two jumps telling me how I'm a ridiculously unsafe instructor. :$:ph34r:

Blues,
Dave

Well...

If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I'm a ridiculously unsafe instructor.

Well, you are an instructor-so that's a given

Unsafe means acting in a manner that caused damage or injury. When you told Bolas to moon me you did cause me psychological damage and my retinal burns haven't completely healed yet.

So, I gotta agree with them
You = Unsafe + Instructor
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I'm a ridiculously unsafe instructor.

Well, you are an instructor-so that's a given

Unsafe means acting in a manner that caused damage or injury. When you told Bolas to moon me you did cause me psychological damage and my retinal burns haven't completely healed yet.

So, I gotta agree with them
You = Unsafe + Instructor

Just think about the psycological damage that I received when I got a naked Bolas hug????:D:D:P:D:P;)

My favorite was someone with two jumps telling me how I'm a ridiculously unsafe instructor. :$:ph34r:

Everybody already knew this anyway. :)

"Everybody"??! I figured I'd at least be able to fool someone with 2 jumps! :PB|:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

It was just pointed out to me that I'll be taking time off from the sport. Is it ok if I still post here? ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Have realized yet how much harder it is to STAY gainfully employed since you discovered this reatardedly foolish sport???
:D:D:D

Actually, yes...

Not to mention the beer fees are enough to throw my bank account in the negative. :):D:D:D

Esdited to add: Obviously, I don't have any "1sts" yet (unless a tandem and a tunnel trip count) but I like beer and always bring some to the DZ.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

It was just pointed out to me that I'll be taking time off from the sport. Is it ok if I still post here? ;)

Only if you post pics of

your X-rays
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Ever since this thread was posted I can't seem to think of anything other than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6K7iJ0ahqU

To answer that question
I passed a car today that had a sign with a pic of Sitting Bull (I think) and a caption that said "My heros have always killed cowboys"
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

lighten up there cupcake...and go find your sense of humor.
this IS the bonfire after all.:D

'Cupcake' found it so..... Bite me ya crabby old fart! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Let's not confuse the terms "jumpers" vs skydivers.

Why don't you elucidate us to the differences Andy?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's summertime in the "normal" hemisphere so they're outside skydiving or doing other activities away from the bozoputer.

They aren't posting at work cuz that's when they sleep. ;)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Huh????
Why????
You preggers???

:D:D nah, amazon. Poor skymama's C-spine disks, are starting to act like us in here: They're 'degenerate! :D:D poor skymama, [unsure] everywhere she turns... 'degenerates' getting on her nerves!;)

They aren't posting at work cuz that's when they sleep.

>:( Hey, Man-o-Many Thongs! I resent that I'll have you know I only sleep 1/2 the time I spend at work! The other half I post here & dream of skydiving & the day I'm off student status & 'flying' more often becomes a little more affordable! :P:P:P;)

Let me see if I have this correctly: So the philosophy here is this: That skydiving newbies & wannabes (the people that common sense depicts could & would benefit from a skydiving website the Most should not be allowed access to the site, or should be limited to the Introductions page. cause heaven knows if anything is going to enhance one's ability to get to know the sport, the vibe from remote dzs & the people in it from A-Z it would be repeatedly be entering the post Hi I'm so & so I just started skydiving Iike skydiving.. WOW that's F*cking Brilliant! And Hey while we at it, we should prevent anyone studying, anything let's use medicine for example from accessing any research or related information on the subject at all until they are already experts on the subject & have perfomed numerous life saving treatment BEFORE they are allowed unlimited access to information & others people in the field.

F*CKING ~ BRILLIANT

Everyone that agrees should me nominated for a Nobel prize. .

I think lowtimers and those who did a few tandems should be most welcomed. If learning is your key point, the way to do that is do more listening and less talking.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".