Andy_Copland

Found Another Way To Die

Talk to David Dean, he is the world champ and he lives just outside Columbus. I hung out with him and most his local racers for a weekend a few winters ago. They race all the time and are always looking for more riders. You really need to look into going to Athens this fall too, they shut down some roads and do 4-6 minute runs down some of the hills in southern Ohio.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That street luge suit makes your ass look fast!:ph34r:
;)

It's not the street luge that make your arse look fat
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

B|

Andy, grow the fuck up:P:D:D:D:D

Fuck that. I'd love to try street lugeB|

Truth be told.. so would. but it takes so long to mend these days[:/]
Nah man, Motocross body armour, and good leathers, coming off would be ok just dont friggin hit anything mid slide;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

funny...reminds me of a friend of mine...he did just that.
After coming off of the luge he was sliding along the road very fast - leathers doing their job, all the plates protecting him....so he reaches out to grab the utility pole to slow himself and breaks his arm in 3 places! [:/]B|:D:D:D

Interestingly, in the 1980s when I became serious about researching the origins of B.A.S.E. the phrase "extreme sport" was just starting to appear in the media and on the public's radar screen. And the earliest use I heard at the time was land luge being described as an "extreme sport." I think the only reason we didn't get first use was because we were better at keeping BASE a semi-secret.

But both sports shared some of the same issues. Both were illegal guerrilla type endeavors at the time, and both were seen as offshoots, or the next step, in skateboarding and skydiving (although both became sports unto their own). And for sure both were beyond the pale in most people's minds . . .

NickD :)

The youtube video of a wipeout into the tree's shall be posted, sorry buddy but it has to be.

lol at least now you know to announce before I start my run if you're going to be standing in the only good out on a hairpin turn :P nothing like having your first actual crash then lying there hearing "hey were we in your way? hahaha"
I'm glad I was in brakes the majority of that run!
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ