boinky

Bennigan's Files For Bankruptcy!

It's a sad week for me, as I learned that Bennigan's has filed for bankruptcy and closed its non-franchised doors. B| And when you go to their website, all you see is the word testing. (wipes tear of sadness from eye)

I spent ten wonderful years working there. And then three years of enjoying their food after I moved to Texas.

I can only say that I hope someone buys out the stores that closed and keeps the concept alive. I, for one, am going to miss their food. [:/]

(Tiggershark goes off to mourn the loss of her beloved Monte Cristo sandwich)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Good thing it's a free world and we are all entitled to our separate opinions. ;)

My boyfriend and I happened to enjoy their food. :)

Nina

You should get Turtlespeed to tell you the story of the SUPPOSED fine dining steak place that we went to for his Grandmother's birthday one year.

Makes Bennigan's look GREAT! ;)

Nina

FUCK BENNIGANS!!

They suck. I hate Bennigans. Myself and 18 other skydivers got kicked out of Bennigans after 1 round at the bar. The reason that we got kicked out? Being too loud in a supposed 'Irish" establishment. Yeah, I know. It is supposed to be a fine dining restaraunt. WTF ever. The food sucks. The atmosphere sucks.

I agree GOOD RIDDANCE!
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Ahh, Bennigan's.

Back in the mid-'80s, one of them opened in my town back home. My brother got hired at their job fair and they trained him directly to be a bartender and worked there for a couple of years I think.

I used to LOOOOOVE their Smothered Steak, and the Shrimp Palermo pasta dish. OMG now I'm starving. I gotta go eat. :D

The only problem was that there were a lot of bad drug influences at that place -- but that's the same at every restaurant you go to, it seems. (I worked at a TGIFriday's and it was not too bad, but it was there.)

Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

The sooner that Chili's, Bennigans, and the Olive Garden are wiped from this planet the better.

Yes, because it'll be great for the Democrats when they can add all those waiter staff, bartenders, cooks and busboys to the rolls that "the Republicans have made jobless."

Bad news is good news to Democrats. Bring on the bankruptcies! Free tax-money redistribution for all! Come and get your welfare checks! It's a great day for those who love high unemployment rates and prefer being able to say "I told you so!" to "How's your job treating you?" :S
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

What DOES happen when franchise restaurants and businesses go down is that it allows local businesses to fill the void. Then instead of the profit going to Bennigan's headquarters it's spent within the community. This is why small towns try to keep Wallmart out; it destroys their local business and makes them no different than every town in the country that only has a Shoney's for breakfast, a McDonald's for lunch and a Red Lobster for fancy dinners. Hardware is from Lowes, Food/Clothing/Everything from Walmart.

Now, is that the country you love?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

You all must've been pretty damned loud/obnoxious to get thrown out of that place. I've been in some that I wished they would throw the adjacent loud/obnoxious table out. [:/]

Nina

The only problem was that there were a lot of bad drug influences at that place -- but that's the same at every restaurant you go to, it seems. (I worked at a TGIFriday's and it was not too bad, but it was there.)

I must be a bit naive, as I never noticed a drug influence. Of course, I wasn't looking for it either. :S

But even your local dz has a drug influence, if you look for one. [:/]
Nina

According to the news report I posted, while Bennigan's might be all washed up, Olive Garden's profits increased. So don't wait for every corporate chain to go belly up, or you might be the little blue person in the corner! :ph34r:

Nina

It wasnt just us, we were the instigators. We had the enitre bar joining with us. I guess the worst part was everytime that someone would walk through the door everyone would yell "HEYYYYYYY!!!". The entire bar joined in and even the bartender was ringing the bell. Then some family in the dining room had a little kid with them that started joining in the fun. That is where the complaint started. But, instead of the manager comping the one table he threw us out instead. Our bar tab was in the neighborhood af $350 when we left and we hadn't even sat down for dinner yet. The family that was complaining about us maybe spent $75 for night. After leaving, we went down to Boston's and spent over $1000 for dinner and more drinks. They lost out on a lot of money.

We were there to celebrate the passing of a fellow skydiver.
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

(Tiggershark goes off to mourn the loss of her beloved Monte Cristo sandwich)

I was trying to remember the name of those sandwiches the other day. I made them at home one time, and they were so good! And the ladies who used to run the cafe at Skydive San Marcos used to make good Monte Cristos too.

Fried sandwiches. :D

According to the news report I posted, while Bennigan's might be all washed up, Olive Garden's profits increased. So don't wait for every corporate chain to go belly up, or you might be the little blue person in the corner! :ph34r:

I can't help that an increasing number of Americans just...don't...get it.

http://blog.ted.com/2007/04/james_howard_ku_1.php

[:/]

I never understand why someone would get that annoyed by something as trivial as a restaurant. The food is edible...I personally like those places every now and then.

...oh well...
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

[:/]

I never understand why someone would get that annoyed by something as trivial as a restaurant. The food is edible...I personally like those places every now and then.

...oh well...

And the servers always have so much flair!

You laugh at that sort of thing all you want. Those were some good times! :)
And I made a good bit of money off of the other waitstaff when the company decided that we needed to have unsual aprons. I could sew and made the design. I would go out and buy a stack of unusual material, let them pick what they liked. Then come back on Monday with a one-of-a-kind 3-pocket apron for them.

Small business (meaning me) was making money, while the coporate business was making money too! See? One hand washed the other hand! :ph34r:

Nina