AggieDave

How many jumps have you done in the last 12 months?

Well, I've asked how long it has been since the Bonfire population had last completed a skydive. Now its time to find out how many jumps are being done.

I've only done around 500-600 jumps in the last 12 months, I quit doing a shit-ton of tandems all the time and have been focusing on swooping, so the numbers dropped off a bit.

My goal for the next 12 months is to do 1000 jumps with a minimum of 600 dedicated swoop jumps for training.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Bit over 100 in the last 12 months.
Jump Money being spent of trips to the USofA, and saving for my World Trip in December, had slowed me down this year:)I was hoping to get my 1000th done before the trip starts, but with 110 jumps to go, it's not looking likely

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I had between 60-70 jumps prior to my injury......so I believe i am between 100-150 jumps in the last 12 months...that is when we really started hitting things hard and had several trips down south to play in the sky.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Nope, you should get your ratings. I instruct because I like it. I instruct because I believe I can help my students. I instruct because it pays for jumping. That and I haven't done a non-drogue terminal skydive in about 18 months. Its been fun canopy play time for me. So that saves a lot of coin in the long run. Either way, 1000 is my goal. If I try to reach that but fall short, I'm still jumping a lot and am full of smiles.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think I've done about 200, same as almost every year the last decade or so. Since we have 4 kids, V and I like to work enough in the sport to break even or so each year. We both enjoy students and coaching, and just fun jumping with friends. Our lives are too full right now for real commitments such as a team or bigways or even more than part time employment at the DZ. Also the long rainy season here in the Pacific NW makes full time jumping a part time job.[:/]:D

All in all, it's a pretty good life.B|

Wait for it, we'll get Vally's version of this any mintue now:ph34r::D:D

:D:D:D what he said!

We did make a trip to Thailand this year and got many jumps out of big planes! That was great!! I usually get less jumps than John does because I usually can't endure a whole day of jumping anymore. But I'm doing better this year than I have in years! B|

Heck, you made almost 30 in Thailand, didn't you? That was fun.

Yes! And that was just 2 weeks! I'm amazed I did that! B|

John, when are you coming home from work?

you two need to get a room!!!:D:D:D:D:D

see ya sat!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I've only done a handful of jumps in the last 24 months. So much for "I'll go to work for the industry and get a shitload of jumps":|

It's funny how your perspective changes when you go from making $60,000+ to making what I make now.....I just can't afford throwing $20 bills from airplanes in my current job.

When I worked at my previous job, 10 jumps a weekend was not a problem, now 2-3 jumps a month is all I could afford, and I can not get back to the skill level that I used to be at with this few jumps, so I have chosen to hardly jump at all.

Mark Klingelhoefer

I did my 400th in march of 2007, my 500th midsummer 2007, and my 600th in may of this year... I would like to have 700-800 by the end of the season.

My next jump is 666... :o>:(

I'd like to do 250-300 jumps this season... most of my jumps this season have been wit at least one camera on my head...

Scott

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

21. [:/] A combination of looking after the kid, lack of money to play with, and back problems are keeping me from the DZ. Physical therapy starts next week so I'm looking forward to that. Hope to get back in the air soon. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban