prepheckt

Is getting engaged a binding legal contract?

He got off cheap. Imagine how badly he'd have been reamed if he'd actually married her.

#458 in the list of reasons why men should never consider marriage.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Just another reason not to participate in the joke that is marriage in the modern era. The sex stops after the wedding, but that doesn't mean you won't end up getting fucked.

This case just means that you don't even have to wait until the waste of time ceremony.
cavete terrae.

Did you ask her to marry you, and if so was the answer yes. It your answr iwas YES" and he presened you with an engadgement ring, living together, or presenting yourselves at social gatherings as either engadged, or with an intention of getting married, then yes, it's legally binding.

Amy other verbal commitments, or promises, or commitments you have made during the perspective engadgement are legally binding.

A verbal contract is just as binding as a legal "Word Of Agreemen, of Contract"

Your best bet iis if you can come to some kind of legal agreement now, don't wait., unless you want to call everything off, and continue your relationship with the original intentions of nuptials.

I'd say right now, she's entitled to 1/2 of everything you have before you were a "One, shoud things NOT go her way. (She would be required to return every piece of jewelry) you gave her during the active engadgement period, unless the kudge in you county considers that a gift.. One more thing, if you did not agree to any of these things, verbally or otherwisw and can prove it, she's done, and there's no paper trail, you may get around it.

One other thing in your favor:If there are no binding agreements, or promises and you don't have a joint checking account, you may get by it like that*** One thing's for sure Do Not Lie To Your attorney (Client/P.C. Confidential clause) But if you do lie to him, he will drop you like an anvil in the Atlantic. Make sure if it goes this far, provide any documents you and her have a copy of, and do not destroy any documents. I'm not saying you would, but just in case. When, and if you have to file against her, do so. DO NOT let her file first whatever you do. Any other questions, do not hesitate to call on me. [email][email protected][email]

Take Care, God Bless You & Yours.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"