madhatter

New truck - silver or white?

Ooo... the Silver.
Nicer looking, easier to keep the outside looking clean & purty, don't fade the way red does (red worst paint for sun fade) and it reflects the heat in hotter months, as opposed to the red absorbing it more. :)B|

It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Where did red come from?
madhatter-At one time, Ford was having trouble with grey and silver paint adhesion. I think that they worked all of that out but I'd check in to it. Other than that, the silver will be easier to care for. It's what I wish I had. Our cars are red, black, and dark blue and I obviously wasn't thinking about the fact that I have a long gravel driveway when we made those choices:S

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Spent the last week looking at 2nd hand ones, as I drove the previous model for quite a while & loved it. Looked at 40+ vehicles and they were all either not cared for, had absurd mileage or (typically) the salesmen were not trustworthy.

So I'll rather concede a few jumps a month & buy something with a proper warranty, service plan that'll last me at least 2 years & no ugly surprises hiding under the bright new coat of paint all SA car dealers apply to the chassis of 2nd hand vehicles.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Had a white truck once and i say NEVER EVER again. White never looks clean when you look up close. there is always tar, bug shit, tree sap, and tiny metal particles that rust on the paint. If you take the vehicle to a drive through car wash it will never get fully clean. there is always a dust haze that stays unless you actually touch the pain and knock it loose. So if you have a spot where you touched or brushed up against the paint and drive through a car wash you have a quite evident whiter spot. Also most white cars I know of turned kinda yellowish with age.
On the other hand I LOVED my cts in silver. what tiny dings or scratches there were you couldn't tell unless you looked really close. It never really looked dirty unless it was REALLY dirty. Upkeep to keep it looking good was easier. To keep the white in tip top looking shape you had to clay bar it often to get the crap listed above out of the paint.

where did red come from

Sorry just poorly worded.
I was just say that red is the worst color over all. But I prefer the silver over any color.
Hey it was really early & I hadn't had ANY coffee yet! :P:P
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

It's your truck - YOU pick your own color.

B|

Sometimes getting other opinions is a good thing, too.

I drove to a dealer today where I could see the same truck in both colours. Based mostly on aesthetics, the white definitely presented better. Eventual trade-in should also be higher, or so I was told.

Now it's just the waiting part. If all goes well I should have my truck by Friday! B|
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Ford doesn't have a great rep for reliability or longevity here in the States. It's not unusual to see a Toyota on the road looking good with 250,000-plus miles on it.
I agree on the seats - Not the best for long-distance driving. Mine is a 2004 with full steel body and bed. 2.9L V6 gas, I get about 18 to 20 MPG.

Easy Does It