lawrocket

Isaac Hayes - No Longer With Us

Isaac Hayes was found dead today at his home in Memphis.

Dammit. That old soul music is some of my favorite stuff out there - and Hayes WAS the epitome of soul music, in my not-so-humble opinion. WHo here knows he wrote "Soul Man?"

And his career resurgence as Chef on South Park, and the public feud and split with them for having parodied his religion of Scientology. (I know - he's not dead until he shits his pants).

Rest in Peace, Isaac.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My mis-spent youth occurred in Northern IN, just 15 miles from the MI border.
When MI adopted an 18yo drinking age, Shula's nightclub in Niles, (just across the border from South Bend), became extremely popular with us 18-20yo IN kids.

Every night, the house band would open with an excellent rendition of "Shaft".
It never got old.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

an aside

Bernie Mac Issac Hayes and Samuel L Jackson are in the movie "Soul Man" releasing later thing year.

LOOK OUT Sam J:o:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080811/ap_on_en_mu/obit_isaac_hayes;_ylt=A9G_Rz5iSaBIh8gAeAms0NUE

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Isaac Hayes, the baldheaded, baritone-voiced soul crooner who laid the groundwork for disco and whose "Theme From Shaft" won both Academy and Grammy awards, died Sunday afternoon after he collapsed near a treadmill, authorities said. He was 65.

That is really low; The guy just died, and now they are blaming him for disco.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And yet, Michael Bolton lives on.......and on..........and on..................

This harshed my beer and Mojito buzz last night, as did trying to explain to the cutie bartender from Margate (Hick-Lauderdale, FL) who Isaac Hayes was.
Peace, Brother. Say Hello to Xenu for me.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is