AdamLanes

Why do some jumpers think it is okay to lean on others in the jump plane?

One of the things I think a lot of new jumpers have to get useAs a newbie the only thing that scares me about this is my gear coming undone! But it hasn't happened so far so I guess my fear is unreasonable!

Actually, checking your gear because it may have brushed up against people is MORE THAN just reasonable; it's smart. GET A PIN CHECK.

That said, with fuel prices being what they are, EXPECT crowded conditions in the planes.

People just need to suck it up.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Relax, lean on me, yes, your main handle is still there, and I'll check your pins for you if you want me to.

;)

"Doctor, doctor! I broke my ankle last year, and whenever someone sits on it in the Otter, it aches! Why is this?"

"Sorry about having my foot between your legs!"

"YOU! sit up! Yes, I mean you!"

:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

So the situation yesterday was the guy in front of me was by the door with no one in front of him. He had his legs stretched out in front of him and he was leaning back crushing my legs. I told him to sit up or move forward. The (main) problem is not being touched by you smelly mother fuckers, its your obese weight that is crushing the life outta me. Don't put your weight on the person behind you! If you sit on me, you may or may not get a warning before you find my foot up your ass (pretty ladies excepted).

Wow, come on a couple of 182 big boy loads with me. We end up so close we're lucky nobody's gotten pregnant.

"If you come any closer, you'll have to wear a condom!"

:D

Well, people should sit up to take up as little space as possible, but they have to lean on something to sit comfortably.

I learned to skydive from the AN-28 YL-KAF, and it has proper seats along the sides. I didn't realize how lucky I was. Buckets of personal space, my handles and pins were safe, and what a lovely, big tailgate! But the Otter is quieter, and I like that too.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

So the situation yesterday was the guy in front of me was by the door with no one in front of him. He had his legs stretched out in front of him and he was leaning back crushing my legs. I told him to sit up or move forward. The (main) problem is not being touched by you smelly mother fuckers, its your obese weight that is crushing the life outta me. Don't put your weight on the person behind you! If you sit on me, you may or may not get a warning before you find my foot up your ass (pretty ladies excepted).

Are you really that fragile?
It may be ridiculous for some 9 ft fucker to be spread out and still leaning on you but if that were truly the case why wouldn't you state that in your ambiguously vague first post? I think you may be trying to cover that fact that you are whining.:S
My photos

My Videos

I have to agree with you! I'm a small 105 pound girl and when I get these big guys that think I'm a lounge chair all the way up to altitude it's painful and I can't breath!

Leaning back on someone a little bit is OK and necessary in most cases, but reclining and laying all over them is just rude. This is what happens way to often.

Maybe people should think about others a bit more when stacking themselves in the plane. No one needs to take up that much space.

I agree with you. Very valid point. Perhaps all of you selfish rude fuckers who seem to think he is whining and feel compelled to tell him to shut the fuck up should perhaps be a little more courteous to others.

I will fucking push you off me if you treat me as a recliner, I will slap you in the back of the head if you think you have the right to do as you please without taking others comfort into consideration.

Much like you couldnt care less about my comfort I couldnt care less about yours, so when you get a fucking elbow to the back of the head or I tell you to get the fuck off me remember one thing...I have just as much right to tell you to fuck off as you do to lean on me.

What I really get a kick out of is you fuckers who feel the need to get on the plane without being fully geared up....Nothing worse than someone treating you as a recliner then halfway up to altitude feeling the need to inconvenience everyone because they have to fucking do up their leg straps....

Get with it people and try to be a little fucking courteous.

Of course it is tight on the plane. I do not believe the OP was referring to cramped quarters. He was referring to you fuckers who think you can just do as you please in these cramped quarters without taking anybody elses space into consideration.

I guess my problem has always been that the person in front leans against me, and I don't lean against the person in back of me. This is because on one ride, my pilot chute got out. I'm always very nervous about that happening again. The result is I am very squished and uncomfortable on the ride to altitude, and sometimes I can't even free my arms.

I just haven't figured out how to properly lean, guess.

The person behind you is not a recliner chair! What happened to common courtesy? Sit up in the plane and quit crushing the person behind you!

If they're between your legs, pull your knees up and get your legs outside them so they're not on top of you. If they're too close to your crotch, ask them nicely to scoot forward a bit. If they're leaning back against you, rest your arms on top of their backpack and use that to push them away from you a bit to give yourself breathing room. Work with each other to get as comfortable as possible.

One of my pet peeves is people who sit perpendicular on an Otter bench. When they do that, as the plane angles upward climbing to altitude, that means that the upper bodies of the perpendicular sitters are tilted towards the rear. All that weight then has to be resisted against by the guy next door downhill, or else transmitted all the way to the end of the bench, where the poor guy on the end is getting pushed off on the floor. I've been known to jump up suddenly just to watch the perpendicular-sitters fall over like bowling pins.

In order to avoid this, just tilt yourself sideways about 30-degrees, so that your legs are pointed downhill, and your back pointed uphill. That way you're square with the angle of climb, and your weight isn't pushing on anyone else.

The person behind you is not a recliner chair! What happened to common courtesy? Sit up in the plane and quit crushing the person behind you!

Yeah, and how come the other jumpers keep touching me in the dirt dives? Crap, that's so annoying. Can't they just keep their hands to themselves!
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

do that to the right guy and you will be riding back to ground level with a bloody nose! If your uncomfortable say so. If you hit someone, they should return the favor.>:(

Me: I want to ride a bull out of a skyvan.
vegasjoe: How the hell are you going to land that thing?
Me: Who said anything about landed with it? I think after we'll have some Bar-B-Que.

Lighten up Fancis. :D

If you had some hottie leaning on you, I'd bet you wouldn't be bitching. :P;):)

Try getting in a C182 with 3 of your buddies and a pilot and not be leaning all over and touchin' each other... :S:o:D... Anyway, if you're that concerned about your personal space, so be it, but then maybe skydiving isn't for you. :|

... OH! and while we're at it, can we stop all that "hand holding" during dirt dives?? :P:P:D:D:D:D

do that to the right guy and you will be riding back to ground level with a bloody nose! If your uncomfortable say so. If you hit someone, they should return the favor.>:(

Are you the right guy? Well, are ya mr. 9 jump wonder tough guy?

Hmmmm i dont think people need any jumps to kick someones ass, or am i missing something???? You are pretty cool for thinking you are that bad ass with that amount of jumps:S:S. I think the correct person will kick your ass in a plain with 0 jumps ;):P
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!