AdamLanes

Why do some jumpers think it is okay to lean on others in the jump plane?

Waahhhhhhh :D

Who cares, i lean back on others and expect to get the same treatment. Personally if i try to sit up in a plane for that long i'll want to do a hop n pop before i go into cramps.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

The person behind you is not a recliner chair! What happened to common courtesy? Sit up in the plane and quit crushing the person behind you!

If you find being crammed into a skydiving plane in close contact with other skydivers offensive, well ........
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

The person behind you is not a recliner chair! What happened to common courtesy? Sit up in the plane and quit crushing the person behind you!

Common courtesy is something you leave at the ground. Skydivers lean on each other AND fart at the same time. ;)

I gotta go with the others on here. Planes are crowded, people lean.

Lighten up. make friends with the others on the plane B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

my response depends, are we talking about straddle benches, or something like what is in an otter?

an otter, mainly use the person next to you as an arm rest. Not only is it more comfortable, it allows for that little extra breathing room.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Being allowed to lean onto each other in a crowded plane is considered common courtesy where I jump. This is the only way to make each other comfortable on the crowded ride up. If you realy bothered by it say it to the person who's leaning onto you and don't be a pansy by complaining about it on the internet. :D

What?

You surely are talking about sitting on the blank sheet floor, telescoped together ... leaning back is the best you can do. The man in front is doing it, I do it, the one behind me does it - no problem at all! Just a relaxed crowd of folks having a little nap ;) I really love to fall asleep for few minutes.

No problem at all.

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Everyone leaning back is a safe way to take off and travel. It helps take the stress off of your body on a steep climb and helps keep the CG forward of the wing. So for safety reasons, it’s a good thing. For social reasons, it keeps us close together, knowing that we are a team whose members rely upon each other. If you are in front of me on a crowded plane, your rig will often help to support my camera helmet. I appreciate that assistance. Tight seating and leaning on one another on the plane is part of skydiving…nuff said.

One of the things I think a lot of new jumpers have to get used to is not being such a pussy about personal space on the ride to altitude.

I'm not saying this applies to you, but . . . you know . . . newbies.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

One of the things I think a lot of new jumpers have to get used to is not being such a pussy about personal space on the ride to altitude.

I'm not saying this applies to you, but . . . you know . . . newbies.

mod indirectly called him a pussy! As a newbie the only thing that scares me about this is my gear coming undone! But it hasn't happened so far so I guess my fear is unreasonable!
Me: I want to ride a bull out of a skyvan.
vegasjoe: How the hell are you going to land that thing?
Me: Who said anything about landed with it? I think after we'll have some Bar-B-Que.

If you are talking about a poor stack-up in the plane i agree.
Some stack-ups i have been in were atrocious (our plane is a floor sitter no benches).
If you are talking about rude fuckers who think they own the plane and take up more room than necessary I also agree here.
But
If you are just whining about the cramped conditions well then SIUCC.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?