RkyMtnHigh

Labyrinth

Have you ever walked through a labyrinth?

Yeah, there's one in Stony Brook on Long Island, near the duck pond. I walked it with my dad, but like the one in your picture, it's not the kind with walls like in the Greek myths. You can't get "lost" because you can just walk right across it.

I would love to do the real kind, like the hedge maze in The Shining! But I don't know where there is one.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Yeah, there's one in Stony Brook on Long Island, near the duck pond. I walked it with my dad, but like the one in your picture, it's not the kind with walls like in the Greek myths. You can't get "lost" because you can just walk right across it.

I would love to do the real kind, like the hedge maze in The Shining! But I don't know where there is one.

The hotel in the Shining was actually filmed at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. I've stayed there during New Years Eve Balls and they put on a great event. One year, we made our reservation late and the only room which was available was next door to Room 237. I couldn't sleep at all for the sake of hearing sounds of bigwheels roaming up and down the wooden floored hallways.:D As far as the hedged maze in the movie, I think that's in Oregon somewhere. That would be fun to go through too.

they have a corn maze right by SDC. Luckily I haven't landed there... yet.

I was going to mention that one too but wasnt sure if it was still there. I've only seen while under canopy. I have it on my videos from when I was there. I'm sure the shapes have changed by now but I remember bell shapes. B|

Maize mazes are a lot of fun.

Aw, I was gonna say that. Out in the sticks where we live, several of the local farms do maize mazes for the pumpkin crowd in October.

There is a really cool one here in Camarillo. I made my dad go with me one time when he was here. :ph34r:
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I have walked a few and even drew one in a parking lot and them walked it. Just to let you know it will take longer than you think, it loops back on its self a lot and you are supposed to take your time walking them. They are supposed to be very therapeutic and supposedly help connect the right and left sides of the brain. Where I went to school a teacher did a mini class on labyrinths that was pretty cool. It was during that class that we went outside an draw several in the parking lot with chalk.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

I did my best, but I have a hard time stopping my mind from running. I did sit in the center for a while when I walked one by myself in the evening. It was very peaceful and relaxing.

Here is a website that the teacher reccomended on them www.labyrinth-enterprises.com

Here is a link on how to draw/make your own 7-ciruit (there are 7-civuit & 11-circuit labyrinths) as well: drawing labyrinths. You can draw your own on paper and finger walk it or make a bigger one in your back yard or in the driveway or were ever and walk it.

Also, labyrinths are completely different then mazes and I don't believe they ever have any walls. You are supposed walk into the center and back-track back out.

Welcome. My pleasure. I like sharing the knowledge that I have learned.

This makes me want to go walk the labyrinth at the Fransican Renewal Center in Scottsdale. I went up there once to see where it was but it was pretty hot that day and I didn't have the time to walk it as it is pretty decent size. Maybe in the next week or so.

The hotel in the Shining was actually filmed at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. I've stayed there during New Years Eve Balls and they put on a great event. One year, we made our reservation late and the only room which was available was next door to Room 237. I couldn't sleep at all for the sake of hearing sounds of bigwheels roaming up and down the wooden floored hallways.:D As far as the hedged maze in the movie, I think that's in Oregon somewhere. That would be fun to go through too.

You stayed in the room 237?

"You're scared o' room 237, ain'cha?"

I found out a while back that the exterior shots for the movie are of a hotel around Mount Hood, Oregon, and the exterior shots for the t.v. miniseries from '97 are from that hotel in Colorado. I read somewhere that the interior shots are actually a SET! :o I was pretty surprised by that. I wonder if they meant everything, like even that big room where Jack was typing...
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire