skymama

Flaming Footie

I saw my first game of flaming footie last night. You South Africans are crazy!

Overheard:
"What's that smell, the jet fuel?"

"No, it's the smell of burning hiar and flesh!" :ph34r:

For those who don't know, they light a roll of toilet paper that's been soaked in jet-A on fire and they kick it around. They kick balls of fire! Who comes up with this stuff?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think I ruined my right shoe. :D And I'm definitely missing a lot of leg hair.

Very fun though. We turned it into hackey sack at the end and managed 3 consecutive hacks...

And I was not aware the game already had a name, but I would prefer to call it FIREBALL. B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

They kick balls of fire! Who comes up with this stuff

Good GAWD Almighty, Great Balls-O-Fire;)

Get it right! It's supposed to be:

"Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!"

Well that's how Jerry Lee Lewis puts it anyhow...

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah a good South African skydiving tradition, particularly at Skydive Citrusdal.

The drunker you are the less painfull it is - not sure whats worse the next morning - the hangover or the burnt flesh ! :S

Flaming Footie rules !

Rich (ex Citrusdal SA).
---------------------------------------
Everything that happens to you in life is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your life and be taught.

Doesn't surprise me in the least that skydivers also play it.

The game usually starts when the "Triangle" is completed...

SKYDIVERS / ALCOHOL / FIRE

WARNING: All three elements are commonly found at all dropzones!

Yeah a good South African skydiving tradition, particularly at Skydive Citrusdal.

The drunker you are the less painfull it is - not sure whats worse the next morning - the hangover or the burnt flesh ! :S

Flaming Footie rules !

Rich (ex Citrusdal SA).

Crap, we've been playing it here in Oz for decades asswel:D:D:D:D:Dl

Last time a friend had l;ight nylon track pants on and she kicked the ball first (VERY wet) the excess fluid splashed on to her pants, which subsequently ignited and her partner was heard abusing her for making him waste good beer trying to douse the flames:D:D:D:D:D

She did unfortunately have small 3rd degree burns on her leg:| So dress for success peopleB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We've started to explore hammershleering (is that the proper word?) with a flaming cannonball. Awesome when dark, oiled bodies, torches etc...

I boldly stole one of J-Stone's pics, lets see if I can add it here

---
>If God meant for man to fly, He´d have given him much more money.

McG, DZ EFVA dictator

Oh, I saw Festy's burn on his shin. Ouch! I bet it was feeling a lot worse once the alcohol wore off the next day. B|
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think my boyfriends toe is broken from the flaming footie on Sat. Very swolen and purple. Aparently the DZ's industrial sized TP roll was a lot harder than Charmin.

The sound of the flaming roll wizzing by is so cool!

I'm sure the guys and Krys were proud! The reason for the event still sucks but at least friends were together and a great time was had by all.

It's all fun and games until someone gets a swollen and purple toe! B| I hope it heals quickly. I wonder how many other people are still smartin' from the game. It was definitely very cool to watch though!

A couple of my toes are purple too. I knew they hurt but didnt know how bad they hurt until the next day when I swooped the peas - it felt like someone was smashing my toes with a hammer. Great time tho.

Blue ones - Derek

P.S. I wont be needing to shave my legs for a few weeks. Festy did get it VERY good too. I dont think anyone else was BURNT except him. He said it best "when i woke up this morning I had to peel the sheets off my legs."