mattmais

DOM of you container? Main? Reserve?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious, whats the DOM of you container? Main? Reserve?

Mine
Container 1985
Main 1997
Reserve 1994

And your your point is????????????????

Mick.

I agree Mick, seems we can't discuss webbing, load paths, hardware, harness failures here anymore without pointless and endless threads of "mine is" "what is yours", or "post your pics of.....". Some where there is a rule on Bandwidth and Performance Saving. Seems as if we need to wait for 1000 posts.

I know, I waste bandwidth with childish debates.....filled mostly with quotes from PPM, the SIM, John LeBlanc and the CFR's, etc.,.....those we gotta lock up. Geez, I'm doing it again. ;)
alan

I agree Mick, seems we can't discuss webbing, load paths, hardware, harness failures here anymore without pointless and endless threads of "mine is" "what is yours", or "post your pics of.....". Some where there is a rule on Bandwidth and Performance Saving. Seems as if we need to wait for 1000 posts.

I wanted to know what others are using gearwise
Thought it might be pointless to ask in the "wind tunnel" Forum.

" Gear and Rigging
The Dropzone Gear and Rigging forum is where you can discuss any gear related questions and issues. Ask about gear before you buy it and find out what others are using and how. "

Point is, I might want to upgrade to a 1986 Container to replace my 85
:P

?? Seriously now, maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate rigging forum...and a gear forum
-

I wanted to know what others are using gearwise
Thought it might be pointless to ask in the "wind tunnel" Forum.

" Gear and Rigging
The Dropzone Gear and Rigging forum is where you can discuss any gear related questions and issues. Ask about gear before you buy it and find out what others are using and how. "

:P

?? Seriously now, maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate rigging forum...and a gear forum
-

Ok, just asking, now I know.

Mick.

I'm not sure how knowing the DOM of strangers gear, including the main and reserve will give you relevant information on upgrading an '85 container to an '86. We really don't need a seperate forum for Gear and one for Rigging, just use the General Skydiving Discussions Forum, plenty of people will let you know what they are using gear wise.

In this forum, asking a question like: I have a 1985 XXXX container which I am thinking of replacing with a 1986 YYYY container for $$. I can trade in/sell my old one for $$/keep my old one. What do you think?

And of course the answer is, without inspecting either of them, we can't really tell you much. We can offer opinions on whatever perceived strengths and weaknesses may exist between the two containers. And of course refer you to your local riggers. A worthless string of DOM's is pointless in this forum. JMO.
alan

...I am curious why more use isn't made of the General Skydiving Discussions Forum for pointless "Gear" discussions.

Because it irritates some folks, and that is funny.

Actually, not that it matters, I'm ok with people posting questions simply out of curiosity in the Gear and Rigging forum. I look in this forum more often than general skydiving forum anyway. I've read some threads in this forum that make me go Hmmmmm .... I read or simply skip other threads.

Rig 2: DOM 2003
Rig 1: DOM 1999 <== currently empty.
Main: 2003 <== sitting on my living room floor but soon to be re-installed in my 2003 rig
Main: 2002<== coming out of the rig and will be relined.
Reserve: Aug 90
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto