lightningbugirl

zuccini and yellow summer squash recipes- ideas needed!

Is anyone else just given a lot of vegetables from people's gardens this time of year? I don't have a garden but we get given a TON of others vegetables and can hardly use them all. I would love your help with recipes to use them all, especially zuccini and yellow summer squash. I also get beets too and have NO idea what to do with them. Please! All serious help and recipes are welcome. :)

Is anyone else just given a lot of vegetables from people's gardens this time of year? I don't have a garden but we get given a TON of others vegetables and can hardly use them all. I would love your help with recipes to use them all, especially zuccini and yellow summer squash. I also get beets too and have NO idea what to do with them. Please! All serious help and recipes are welcome. :)

Wash and freeze the beets (greens too if you have them!). Steam them and toss with butter, salt, pepper and white vinegar. YUMMY!!!
'Shell

an easy and tasty idea is:

boil some water with salt and garlic in there... add the squash and zuccini let cook until able to be cut with spoon.. drain for a few mins, place back into pot and add some pepper for taste.. can add a little bit of butter and more salt if needed....

Goes great with chicken, mashed potatos, etc... Hope you like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

For the zucchini or squash:

Slice in half lengthwise. Brush both sides with olive oil, toss on some salt and pepper. Toss on grill.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Cut squash and zuccini into disks or spears (or both) and put in a foil packet. Add sliced onion, bell peppers (i use red and gold ones for color) whole garlic cloves, and seasoning of your choice. Add in some butter and seal foil packet up and throw on the grill. I also sometimes use salsa or picante sauce instead of butter and do the same thing.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Chocolate zucchini bread.

Also Zuchini and Sumer Squash over past tossed with lightly with Italian Dressing is sinple and yummy.

i was going to say regular zucchini bread - which is absolutely delicious - i know a friend of mine does chocolate zucchini cake and she just takes chocolate cake mimx, follows the box and then adds a cup of zucchini

your best bet - go to allrecipes.com they have fantastic recipes, reviews and you can easily do conversions for larger or smaller amounts of servings
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

zucini and yellow sqash can be a hit on the bar b if you wrap peeled pieces in tinfoil, covered in real butter and brown sugar. Roll it up and toss it on.... 14 minutes and presto....now for a treat toss in a bonless felet of king Salmon.....now ya got a meal...
Alaska Fat Boy trick