skychick312

HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Calling out to all LAWYERS out there!!!

need help with a rental problem pretty quickly...

What would you do if the landlord does not pay mortgage for 6 months (still taking rent $$)?? do you not pay rent and leave the property? Oh yeah did I mention the word FORECLOSURE??? We dont wanna pay this broad any amount of $$ anymore...

please someone help!!!! PM or email me with info....

Many Thanks!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

hey girl!

i was in the same boat 1.5 years ago. we ended up having to move out because of the foreclosure. nothing we could do about it. if you like the place enough, maybe look into buying it? let me know if you have specific questions.

here's the thing... a loan has already been taken out for this condo (by the landlord).. its ok to rent but we would definitely not buy it... Since we have til Mid-November on our lease, should we pay her? or just find a place and get out? We are looking for places now...

never saw this coming...

Do you actually have communication with your landlord. Or is it just a send you check and you expect them to pay their Mortgage deal?

I would definitally make a call to a good real estate Lawyer to find out what your options are.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yeah we have great communication.. at least I thought... Whenever we have had a problem she has been on top of getting back to us... We even sent Christmas cards...

Any idea if there is a real estate lawyer that jumps??? ANYONE???:|

We are at a loss....

We figured that if we moved out early we would lose our deposit... and we are ok with this, especially if we are saving money from rent...

I know that the landlord would have been served today with her papers... so as of now I have not spoken to her about it... the rent is due tomorrow so I was planning on talking to her after I dont send rent and she calls....

Ok, why not try being a little more pro-active and call her before she has to call you looking for rent?

Call her and ask what is going on? if she is loosing the house you need to move. Real estate lawyer or not, if the mortgage company is repossessing the house you have no control over that asset.

There are tons of people loosing there houses these days for a multitude of reasons. You need to confront her, ask status so you know what you are doing. If she is going into foreclosure that means AT LEAST 3 payments have not been made, what has she been doing with the rent money? If there is no medical or critical problem then you will have no choice but to move.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I actually just sent her an email saying that I needed to speak with her...

one reason I had not spoken to her before now is b/c I was so pissed I was afraid of going off and not being able to control what I say.. however now I think it can be accomplished!!!:P

and she has not made a payment in 6 months!

I actually just sent her an email saying that I needed to speak with her...

one reason I had not spoken to her before now is b/c I was so pissed I was afraid of going off and not being able to control what I say.. however now I think it can be accomplished!!!:P

and she has not made a payment in 6 months!

Does this mean you are moving back to ATL?
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

I'm a real estate lawyer. But that's not good enough. You need one from Florida. I cannot comment on FL law.

I can say that in many places it may be a crime to fail to apply rent payments to a mortgage. Some states provide heavy monetary penalties for it, too.

You may want to start with a state or local real estate or housing agency.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Try to find out your state's laws on such things. There is a decent book called "Every Landlord's Legal Guide", and while its for landlords, it covers being a landlord generically and then it has sections for individual states. Also look up Federal Housing Act laws, however, if your landlord has 4 or fewer units, FHA laws don't apply to them any longer (to my knowledge).

I'm guessing you aren't going to be able to stay since the lease is between you and your landlord. If they don't own the property any longer, then who is your lease with?

Good luck...

Um you will probably have to prepare to move.

Depends on state and local laws. Around here the new owners (the Bank) need to honor the lease unless they're going to demolish the building or move in themselves and in those cases they may need to cough up thousands in relocation costs.

I would find out who holds the mortgage and see if they will let you stay if they do take to property back.It is a win win for you and the mortgage company.

What she did with the money is none of your concern. You paid rent and had a place to stay. Any money spent on a lawyer is going to be a waste in this situation.

I want to thank all that have responded with helpful information with my rental crisis!! My husband and I truly appreciate it!!!!!

After telling the landlord what's happening it does not look like it will be a problem to break our lease!!

Thank you again!