BigBUG

RUSH reserve

Been there, thanks.

Not much info in this review :(
At least, it works... One point for Quick.

I am interested in review or opinion about flying and controlling it with high wingload (95 kg with rig for 135) and ability to fly straight (most Deselerators I've seen just can't) and do a good flare. This reserve is just one available from stock here and now and I would like to know, should I stuck with it or wait a month or more trying to order Smart or smthng.
Thanks!

I am interested in review or opinion about flying and controlling it with high wingload (95 kg with rig for 135) and ability to fly straight (most Deselerators I've seen just can't) and do a good flare.

Don't (!) overload the Quick. There have been at least 2 incidents (with injuries) because of bad flare on overloaded small (120sqf) Quick Reserves in Germany.
First there were incidents when the canopy was said to be stalling to quickly, then in 2004 the manufacturer required lengthening of the steering lines, after that it didn't flare any more. Draw your own conclusions. :S
I think they know why they discontinued the Quick and now market the RUSH. I can't say anything about that new product though.

If you read german, check out:
Stammtisch Thread about Quick 120 Reserve (20.Sep2005, someone injured on a Quick120)
Stammtisch Thread with Review of a Quick reserve (says 3 reserve rides, wouldn't buy it again)
de.rec.sport.fallschirm: Unfall mit modifizierter Quick 120 (8.Jun 2003)
de.rec.sport.fallschirm: Wichtig! Springer mit Quick-Reserven 120/135/150 (11.Jun 2003)

Personally I own and recommend a Paratec Speed Reserve because the pack volume is amazingly small and I've only heard positive feedback (personally I haven't jumped it yet). Since you're a big guy, that would mean those few "extra square feet" in your reserve container. B|

edit to add: "Overloading" means more than the specified 53 (fifty-three!) kg (117lbs) exit weight on a Quick 120.:S Unless you were anorexic you couldn't fly that thing within manufacturers recommendation.

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)