shropshire

WTF is BMX doing in the Olympics?

Grow up, you're not 14:S - and get a job.

:P

the top level guys earn more in a year than i or you would in 10:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

you keep saying the olympicsbis all about money.
Who is it all about money for, the only marketing i see iin the olympics is the uniforms thy wear. Maybe the USA networks are teyi g to sell yousomethig but over here the networks focus on the sports.

I think you are just the type of person who would look for negatives in anything good

The Olympic spirit and competition this year has been awesome with some fantastic stories and excellent sportsmanship at the highest level.

I'm really sorry you don't let yourself enjoy these awesome events.

These athletes have shown so much pride and played their hearts out.

you don't need to bother answering asyou have made it very clear that you have to showbon everjy Olympic thread how miserable you are.

When the olympics are over maybe you will be able to get your news to to back to war updates, don't worry, not long to go now. The world only comes together and competes together in a honorable way for only 16 days.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Could be worse, I mean do you want to see ballroom dancing, bridge or poker as Olympic sports?

John McCirick (professional British gambler and horse racing pundit) was on the radio last night complaining that archery was an Olympic sport and that poker should replace it!

In the past I've also heard other people pushing for ballroom dancing and bridge to be included.

John McCirick (professional British gambler and horse racing pundit) was on the radio last night complaining that archery was an Olympic sport and that poker should replace it!

In the past I've also heard other people pushing for ballroom dancing and bridge to be included.

That's retarded. IMHO, there is also a "classic athleticism" component to the Olympics - that's why it can have an appeal to everyone in the world. Guess what, kids in Bosnia and Africa are racing each other and jumping over hurdles, not ridding their BMX's and surfing the pavement. People in Korea can relate to a Gymnist just as easily as the Chinese, but who wants to see a Fatso American play poker!?! [:/]

It's the Olympics - Keep em classic....
=========Shaun ==========

i'm all in for (beer)drinking contests and origami! :|

...at the same time? I think they might end up with paper balls being pegged at the other competitors by the end of that. :D
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I did, and that's no bad thing IMHO, Football and basketball should go too

Agreed. 100%. I can't imagine what fat losers are trying to get other stoopid activities in there.

Olympic Dungeons and Dragons? Oh yeah, it's coming.....:|
=========Shaun ==========

the top level guys earn more in a year than i or you would in 10

How much do you think the top guys in your field make? ;) Probably a lot more than that. And they don't have to get on little kids bikes and race each other. The only was that could not be embarrassing is if all the competitors are stupid drunk.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

It's the Olympics - Keep em classic....

If we did, noone would watch anymore.
Still, I reckon that the low, rumbling sound you hear continously while the olympics are on is produced by the ancient Greek athletes turning in their shallow graves - over and over again...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I watched some of the BMX and thought it was a lot more interesting than any of the damn synchronised swimming for a start!

Oh yeah - and Go Team GB!
Can't wait to see the Aussie Minister for Sport in a GB uniform :D:D

Never try to eat more than you can lift

There is a hugeinterest in BMX.

I'm remembering that BMX hit it's peak during the mid Eighties. I remember all the movies and wanting a GT. Now teens and young adults want to make high jumps and flips on dirtbikes. I only see BMX bikes in the poor areas of cities where the old guys in wife beaters putt around on them.

Do you think they'll have snowboarding in the winter olympics?

they've had it before. It's actually a favorite joke among comedians. Robin Williams theorized that they never tested them because every country would be kicked off.

Personally, i believe if they are going to add badmitton, at least consider some Skydiving diciplines.>:(

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln