Orchid

Sex & First Date

I think you owe beer.

No one in the history of the universe has ever accused Divot of being insignificant.

Where DID they sever that humor muscle anyway?

I make my living doing things before anyone else in the universe if you need to know. If Divot had not changed his sig line in the middle of this repartee you'd realize that my "insignificant" comment was meant as humor pointed toward him. [Put it back, Divot, so they'll know what I mean.]

I don't know where your *humor* muscle is but mine is connected to my love muscle and I still have both.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Ok OK let's not gang up on him guys. I'm interested to hear his perspective on the topic.

Sure thing. There's got to be more to his life than having most of his posts in the DB Cooper thread... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

you guys are funny.. :)
shhh, i dont think it'd be fair to reveal. but, we both seem to really like each other, may even have fallen in love, and the first night didnt end until like ten the next morning. we did not use the whole box. figure out the explanation to yourself! :)
oh, and as i stated, i was booked 'til saturday. i ended up being home sunday afternoon. i even cooked for her saturday night. she's really lovely.. and no, she's not ugly at all.. boobies man, boobies.. :P

@turtle: republican? you got to be fucking kidding me? i always thought that was the typical liberal/democrat way of thinking? i'm really disappointed with me now, considering your actual leader..

SC? 3.... 2.... 1....

:D:D:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Frig-I'm trying to remember what it was. You us youngins and our attention spans

(I hit 42 next week)

But really, what was it?

Dunno, but the current one is hilarious!!!

Yes, I do live to stir the sand in your vagina

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Billy-lets get back on topic....or on the topic of beer and boobies, your choice

My beer right now? A pint of Boddington's. The local grocery store recently overhauled the inside into an upscale venue. One benefit is that the good beer selection tripled in size. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

we did not use the whole box. figure out the explanation to yourself! :)

Easy, you used 3 condoms. one worn according to directions with one wadded in the end to fool her about the length and one tied around the base like a bungie to keep it from slipping off

What do I win?

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

we did not use the whole box. figure out the explanation to yourself! :)

Easy, you used 3 condoms. one worn according to directions with one wadded in the end to fool her about the length and one tied around the base like a bungie to keep it from slipping off

What do I win?

an award for a big...

humour muscle!? :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My opinion is that it's not always wise to jump into bed with someone on a first date prior to getting to know the person. That said, everyone and every situation should be judged on a case-by-case basis. It's often best to go with the flow of how things are presenting themselves, and what one's expectations and/or needs are for oneself and for the other person.

How quickly someone has sex with another differs for each person based on how the two people feel about one another, what their needs are, their personal or moral views of what is right or wrong, their raw attraction, how they feel about themselves and one another at the given time, etc. That said, we are all adults, and whatever someone chooses to do or not do, shouldn't be judged, especially not on DZ.com.

Orchid, thanks for stating your perspective, opinion and thoughts. This discussion will always have varied opinions, and I think that it's great that you are open to hearing them.

Little heavy for a rainy afternoon . . . i'm going to stick with Konig Pilsner . . . it is light and refreshing and tasty.

Frick . . . and almost empty! Hmm - Must make trip to fridge . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I read her comments as interpreting some of the responses to this poll/ thread and not necessarily her personal opinion. And as grounded in the 50s as that particular attitude is (men want sex but think poorly of women who give it up too soon) you can see just from reading some of the responses here from men that it does indeed still exist. So, cut her a little slack, OK?? :P

So, cut her a little slack, OK?? :P

No. There is no way that her gender attacks deserve slack. If a guy wrote that way a greenie would be on her immediately. Her comments were sexist and way too broad for the responses received. The opinions were hers.

IMNHO.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

There's a way around that (x-date) rule:

Say the plan is dinner, a movie, and maybe some coffee or something afterwards. Each is a separate date. Also every time you part company during the evening that counts as a date. So pretty much no matter what her (x) is you are past it. Explain this to her at the end of the night. Then tell her you're not like other guys and you didn't push her on her "minimum date number" and demand an apology.

This also work for couples in relationships:
"Waddya mean I never take you anywhere? We've been out 9 times in the last 6 months..."

(I really should be charging for this) :|

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

So, cut her a little slack, OK?? :P

No. There is no way that her gender attacks deserve slack. If a guy wrote that way a greenie would be on her immediately. Her comments were sexist and way too broad for the responses received. The opinions were hers.

IMNHO.

lol- Did you actually read the whole thread? Interesting responses across the board. I especially like the guy who said he would think less of a woman for having sex on the first date unless she told him HE was the first/ only guy she slept with on the first date! That was classic! :D

well...i voted yes...BUT sex isnt treated the same now as it was 20 years ago. I have had sex on the first date...some of which the relationship lasted long term...some short term. I dont base a relationship off sex. Granted its a deff plus if it is great....but there is more to a relationship than just that one aspect. The one advantage of having sex early on is to find out if it is good or not. Its kinda depressing waiting a given amount of time only to discover that your partner that you waited weeks or in some cases months for...is a complete dull lover.

Overall i think its good to do early on...as long as both people are mature enough to handle it early on.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

....well which is it...yes or no, discuss your dating style and why?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know....:P

Sex is no more than physical act, lets face it, if you cant perform to your partners expectations, then you wont be around long anyway. Better to find out up front. Of course take safety measures to make sure you dont take anything with you when you leave.
I think there are too many pre concieved notions that have been handed down, just think for yourself and do what feels right. It does not have be so complicated, ggeeeeeez.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

(Reply to no-one in particular) - and a very late arrival to this!

Where's the option for sex before the first date? You know...that one where you somehow end up doing it with a good friend, and the dating and relationship stuff only starts happening AFTER a whole lot of good sex?

Come to think of it, I don't think I've been on a date with my current boyfriend yet!:o

There really are some bad lovers out there. I blame men mostly because women become accustomed to men who lack endurance so they really don't have to put much effort into "pleasing" him and think all I have to do is let him climb on top and he's happy

I don't fucking think so.

That's exactly right. A few women that i have been with are AWESOME in bed...but women like that tend to be awesome in bed with more than just me :S. It seems as though there has to be trade offs....either take the phenominal lover and deal with cheating(which happens 99% of the time) or the average to below average lover and have monogamy. I dont know what i want...maybe ill know when i find it...:D
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye