Nightingale

Attention parents: Birthday gift for two year old boy??

The noisiest and most obnoxiously fun toy you can find! :)

I remember getting a friends kid who was 1 or 2 this adorable line of quacking ducks. You pull it around and it would Quack, quack, QUACK, quack, quack, Quack! as you walk around pulling it.

It was so cute but after the first 20 mins of Quack, quack, QUACK, quack, quack, Quack! Quack, quack, QUACK, quack, quack, Quack! Quack, quack, QUACK, quack, quack, Quack! Quack, quack, QUACK, quack, quack, Quack! Quack, quack, QUACK, quack, quack, Quack! They were ready to kill me :ph34r:

Kid LOVED that toy too B|

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Never go wrong with a gift cert to Best Buy or some place like that.

I want him to have something to open. Little kids don't always get the gift cert thing.

Spring-coiled toy snakes that pop out when you open the box. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Since I'm not a parent..A drum-he'll love it and it never needs batteries

If she gives the kid one, she may have to move and hide from his parents. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Never go wrong with a gift cert to Best Buy or some place like that.

Uh the kid is 2

Uh Best Buy has kids shit too genius.:S

As she said and what I was referring to, at the age of two a gift card is nothing more then something for the parents to go buy something for them. It is more fun to give them a toy to open and play with.

Take a chill pill and think before you go and make smart ass comments. You obviously are the genius here. If she wanted to do a gift card she wouldn't have asked for suggestions.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

kind of depends on the type of parents and the type of kid......Books are always a good choice; video's (veggie tales used to be popular), music cd's (my kids used to love Raffi).....just to name a few...also the nerf toys are great!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

kind of depends on the type of parents and the type of kid......Books are always a good choice; video's (veggie tales used to be popular), music cd's (my kids used to love Raffi).....just to name a few...also the nerf toys are great!

I'm meeting them for the first time on saturday, so I don't really know what he likes yet. His grandma says he likes bath time toys, as well as puzzles and stuff.

my kids are a lot older now so have been out of that whole "toddler" period for some time now. I just remember what we did for our kids....seem to work. I don't think I have scarred them that badly :D:D:D:D:D

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

My Godson's 2nd birthday was last month and this kid just had me laughing my ass off! A lot of well meaning relatives got him clothes. He was into the whole gift opening thing and when he saw the clothes, he just flung them out ofhis way looking for toys. One of his aunts got him what looked like a toy car and he wanted to open it and play with it right away. Then he realized it was a lamp, not a toy, and he just shoved it aside.

So, bottom line- toys- yes, clothes- no. That's a gift for his parents, not him.

I'd go with loud, obnoxious and lots of parts to drive his parents crazy. (Maybe a drum set???:P) Just watch out for them when you've got kids of your own. Parents keep score and like to get revenge on aunties! (One reason I never had kids..............):D

My Godson's 2nd birthday was last month and this kid just had me laughing my ass off! A lot of well meaning relatives got him clothes. He was into the whole gift opening thing and when he saw the clothes, he just flung them out ofhis way looking for toys. One of his aunts got him what looked like a toy car and he wanted to open it and play with it right away. Then he realized it was a lamp, not a toy, and he just shoved it aside.

So, bottom line- toys- yes, clothes- no. That's a gift for his parents, not him.

I'd go with loud, obnoxious and lots of parts to drive his parents crazy. (Maybe a drum set???:P) Just watch out for them when you've got kids of your own. Parents keep score and like to get revenge on aunties! (One reason I never had kids..............):D

yeah...that payback thing is not a lot of fun. I get my kids toys like that.....but they take it to their dad's and keep it there:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2

yeah...that payback thing is not a lot of fun. I get my kids toys like that.....but they take it to their dad's and keep it there:D:D:D:D

If it was one of my cousins, I'd get them something musical, but since these are people I don't know yet, I don't want to piss them off. :ph34r:

For my nieces I've always just tossed some $$$ towards their college fund. I figure they're not gonna remember some toy they had when they were two or three and they've already got enough damn toys!

This year Elena's turning 4 so I think I'll actually get her something, but it's just $$$ for the toddler.

It's not fun for them and I don't know if it'd be appropriate for somebody you're meeting for the first time, but college is expensive and these girls have my genes which is already a pretty good sign that they ain't getting no scholarships, they're gonna need a big-ole college fund[:/]

I got nuthin