bigway

Christina Applegate- Double masectomy

It wasn't just her tits that made her hot. She'll still be a good-looking woman with or without them.

Absolutely.

But how many guys that wanted to bed her before, will now no longer express interest in her, and run the other way?

Those that still stick around in her life, are the ones that are keepers. The others, were never really her true friends anyway.

That doesn't just apply to attractive women with nice boobs. You always find out who your true friends are when your life takes a turn for the worse- illness, divorce, whatever ..........

You always find out who your true friends are when your life takes a turn for the worse- illness, divorce, whatever ..........

Ain't that the truth!

In regard to this procedure, it's not just about losing her tits. I know this is the bonfire and everything eventually is about tits, but what this woman is going through and so many more women everywhere is an extremely painful radical surgery. She is having part of her body removed, the equivalent of a double amputation. This is an agonizing thing for any woman to go through. I truly wish her the best.

If I were her, I would have at least tried to fight the cancer. Mastectomy (and notice I took the time to spell it correctly) should only be used as a last resort.

She went too far too soon, in my opinion. Having a genetic predisposition doesn't dictate the desecration of your body.

you do realise that if it develops and metastasises, she pretty much dead. Kinda shitty odds
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You always find out who your true friends are when your life takes a turn for the worse- illness, divorce, whatever ..........

Ain't that the truth!

In regard to this procedure, it's not just about losing her tits. I know this is the bonfire and everything eventually is about tits, but what this woman is going through and so many more women everywhere is an extremely painful radical surgery. She is having part of her body removed, the equivalent of a double amputation. This is an agonizing thing for any woman to go through. I truly wish her the best.

Should we fire up Youtube and do a "LEAVE Christina Alone" video?:D:ph34r::ph34r:

On a serious note - More women in my family have had to combat cancer than not. So don't think I don't take this seriously.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If I were her, I would have at least tried to fight the cancer. Mastectomy (and notice I took the time to spell it correctly) should only be used as a last resort.

She went too far too soon, in my opinion. Having a genetic predisposition doesn't dictate the desecration of your body.

If you were her, you could have that choice. But judging her on the choice that she makes is inappropriate.

She did "fight that cancer." She had two lumpectomies. She had the genetic testing and was found to be positive for BRCA1. She was likely counselled on her options. She took the knowledge that was given to her by her physicians and applied that to her frame of view for her life (her mothers battle with breast cancer, her personal fears, her values and goals) It was her choice.

But... regardless of which choice is made, there are NO guarantees. And you might be right, this surgery MIGHT do her no benefit in the battle against her cancer.... we don't KNOW. But, studies show there might be benefit.

Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy reduces breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: the PROSE Study Group.Rebbeck TR, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2004 Mar 15;22(6):1055-62. Epub 2004 Feb 23.

CONCLUSION: Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy reduces the risk of breast cancer in women with BRCA1/2 mutations by approximately 90%.

source

Additionally, the psychological benefit might be worth the pain and loss of her breasts.

Only she can decide that.

you do realise that if it develops and metastasises, she pretty much dead. Kinda shitty odds

It's spelled "metastasizes" dear.

Not in all places, educate yourself better
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Oh my! There is so much wrong with this post of yours. Let me as a breast cancer survivor educate you just a tad.

You said:

Most woman are left with no breasts and just a scar. they usually have an exterior fake padding to put in their bra.

It's called prosthesis. <---yeah it's a big word, you might have to look it up.

Not all can afford implants. Implans i can not imagine would be covered under health inssurance.

Might want to check your facts before making that kind of statement about insurance. In fact in the story you linked it says:

Women have several reconstructive options, which can be performed at the time of mastectomy, Golshan says. Insurance generally covers the procedures.

You said:

Either way, right now she does not have any breats and that must be devastating to her emotional well being.

You don't know that, she could have had reconstructive surgery at the same time. That's what I did.

As for your statement about being "devastating to her emotinal well being" because she doesn't have any breast, I say BULLSHIT!

I'm so tired of MALES making statements like that when they have no idea what a woman goes through when fighting breast cancer. I promise you, the last thing on my mind was not having breast, I was more worried about fighting for my life. FUCK not having breast, it's a life we're trying to save.

Sorry if this is coming across rather "loud" and "tackless" but you don't know what you are talking about.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

The news stories indicate she did not have reconstructive surgery at the time of her mastectomy.

Okay, sorry, missed that in the story. Maybe cause I was seeing so much red;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

The news stories indicate she did not have reconstructive surgery at the time of her mastectomy.

Okay, sorry, missed that in the story. Maybe cause I was seeing so much red;)

Seems like you were justified in it, though - thanks for posting your outlook on it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks for sharing. It's great to know that somebody out there has ALL the answers.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Hi Mar,

Congratulations on your brave battle and fighting spirit. I'm so glad you're still with us and hope you are healthy.

As a male, I don't have a personal perspective but I have as much as a male could have. A little over 2 years ago, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer (hormone driven). Fortunately for her the tumor was on the surface and growing very quickly. In addition to the tumor being malignant, she also had cancer cells in 3 lymph nodes. She has been through a few surgeries, removal of tumor and extra tissue, all lymph nodes on left side removed and an ovary and falopian tube removed. She developed a mass on the ovary, but the cancer cells were dead. She underwent violent chemo and then radiation so severe it actually burned through to her back. All of this happened over the past 2 1/2 years. So far, she is clear. There is a thickening in her uterus that they are watching. She would like to have a complete hysterectomy, but insurance will not cover it. My parents have offered to pick up the bill and she is considering it. She's 44 now and has 4 children. The fact that she cannot have anymore children is not an issue with her. I am proud to say that she really has had excellent medical care so far. She at first did consider a double mastectomy, but is trusting at this time that it is not necessary yet.

Keep up the good fight Mar! In the meantime, please know you're in my prayers for continued clean check-ups.:)