bigway

Hip Dysplasia

Thanks mate,
However, I spent $5000, because of my stupidity it came out and to have the next procedure the surgeon (only vet surgeon in the world to be registered in two countries, so i have read), he gave it to us for $1500, we did this cause it is like a lemon of a car, you get trapped. We paid $5000 and that failed because of us so we kind of feel obliged to spend another $1500 seeing we have already spent $5k.
Now this has failed we are left with 1 last option before removing the leg, so for only another $1500, seeing we have spent $6500 on procedures plus a fortune on everything else that comes with it such as xrays etc we may as well continue and try our last shot before removing the leg.

The surgeon is a great guy, he has not charged me for at least 10 visits and at least $4000 worth of xrays and pain killers. He has also redusing the rates of the surgeries for me and letting me pay them off as i see fit.

So as i say, it is like a lemon of a car, you spend a bit to get it fixed and then seeing you have ivested so much when it conks out the next time you feel obliged to spend a bit more.

I have had dogs all my life but never one with the character that she has and i want everything she has been through to be for something and her brother is hanging out to be able to play with her again.

Anyway saying all this, the vet is going in to see what he can do and it may turn out that he just has to amputate. Fair enough, i just want my dog happy.

People talk about money, i have spent alot on this dog and i know not many would but i also am lucky enough to have a good financial situation from 'old money'. I have not really tapped into that money though but i believe that is why my brain says it is ok to spend the money. Instead I shifted to australia to help my partners mother through cancer and sold my rig for the move. Instead of purchasing another one and going to the usual boogies on three different continents over the past year i have gone without. Easily i would spend $20,000 on skydiving a year with travel expensies, accomodation, jumping etc. So all i have really done is take a year off the sport that will always be there and put that money towards my dog.

Also, I am adopted and when i amde the choice to adopt a brother and sister puppy fromt he shelter i made a committment in my heart to do what it takes to give these guys a good life. I just hope after a year of my dog not having a good life that she will finally be able to and be happy for it.

I know very well not everyone can or would do what I have decided to do but that was my choice and i am glad i put this before myself, not just for me but for my partner and for my other dog.

We also just moved into a new house with a huge landscaped yard for the dogs on a corner section and i cant wait until she and her bro can finally enjoy the yard together. I really hope she gets to have some fun.

Dont get me wrong, i may have to put her down after all of this for her own sake, Im just glad i tried. And from her reactions after each surgery it seems she is glad we have tried as well. I am certain she knows we are trying to help her. I wish i could explain the character of this dog, I have always had dogs but never had one that 'seems' so grateful, and even though we may be hurting her, she still just wants us to cuddle up to her in her indoor cage when she is hurting.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

right on man. sounds like you are doing everything you can for the pup. I hope it all turns out for the better.

you are a very caring and responsible owner and companion for your animals they are very lucky to have you.

enjoying your dogs is good for the soul ;)

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

LMAO!!

no shit, that would make life a whole lot easier. it get his barks mixed up sometimes.

I ask him what the fuck do you want??

and he gives me the

"bitch don't even play stupid.. i'll have some of those cold cuts and ice water you're holding out on in the fridge" look

see attached photo, thats that look :D

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

One dog will be sleeping in the spare room with my missus (dogs have a habit of jumping on bed so she sleeps on matress on floor with dog so it does not jump with injury) the other sits out all night with me in the lounge working. I will feed him something, he then goes into the spare bedroom and the girl comes out wagging her tail asking where her food is. They seem to talk well to each other without even moving their lips.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

My mut Rolo, (Sheppard, lab mut) just had a TPO preformed on his right hip. In 6 weeks he'll have the left one done. He's doing GREAT, you would be surprised a doctor just cut his pelvis in three pieces. The hardest part is trying to convince Rolo that he can't run around and play right now!

He's 1 1/2, and we went ahead with the surgery even though they suggest it be done under a year. I think he'll benefit from it later in life.

The cost was the last of my worries, $2,300 a hip. When I think of all of the things in this life that I spend $5,000 on, nothing brings me more happiness than my dogs.

despite the shaved quarter panel rolo is a good looking beast. man i love them big dogs:)
how did he get rolo was it his color???

totally his color, he was even darker as a puppy