birdlike

What's your favorite brand of pocket knife?

Leatherman, not really a pocket knife but it goes in my pocket and has a knife (that i've never used on anything thinking about it....)

Scissors and pliers come in handy though.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Without a doubt Victorinox

But I also like our local (Catalan) made pocket knives as they have
a good quality carbon steel blade,

I feel you can never sharpen a stainless steel blade as
good as you can sharpen a blade made out of carbon steel.

Gone fishing

i'm one hell of a spyderco-nutcase. but they're practically banned over here, as they can be operated single-handed. i mean, whats a knife good for if you cant operate it single-handed. usually you need one ready when you're already busy with something else.

i still have one, but i'm not carrying it anymore.. :(

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I'm partial to Spyderco and Benchmade, mostly. (And I can't afford Chris Reeve or MicroTech.)

Do you EDC a pocket knife? What's your brand?

Shouldn't we find out if you actually CARRY a pocket nife first?

and - Gerber - but not the pocket ones - I like the throwing knives.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't really have a favorite. I used to have a few Swiss Army knives, those fat ones with 15+ tools.

Nowadays, I've got this 50+ year old Craftsman 3-bladed knife sitting on the desk in front of me that was my dad's when he was younger. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

spyderco H1 steel

tens of thousands of saltwater dives no broken back spring, no broken locks. WILL NOT RUST EVER EVEN IN SALTWATER

the H1 steel is tough as all fucking hell. only thing that was able to fuck up one of mine, was an exothermic rod.
i was burning 1.5" steel underwater. used the knife as a hanger chaser and accidentally put a broco rod through it. 10,000 degrees leaves a helluva mark. a cuda, buck, etc. anything else would have just melted into a puddle of shit. the H1 took a lick but i managed to grind down the blemish :)
every diver out here in the gulf has a few of these on his/her harness there is nothing else out there that compares. the h1 spydercos are work proven time and again.

they cost $65.00 or so but well worth it. get you a spyderco make sure you get the h1 steel. get 2 of em.
two is one, one is none.

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I've got a KA-BAR. I'm not talking about the 7" blade fighting knife you see in all the catalogs. It's a 3-bladed folding knife a lot like a Schrade Old-Timer. I got it second hand, so I don't know how old it is, but it takes (and keeps) a really good edge.
You don't have to outrun the bear.