Redline165

Me Excited!! AFF @ raeford in the am :D

As it says, ill be leaving the house in T-minus 12 hours or so. Cant wait. Im even playing hookie from work tomorrow. haha. Ive got 2 tandem jumps from CSS in louisburg, but they offer no AFF program, and im ready to get on with it. I had a great time at CSS, great place and people, but i drove down to Raeford and just watched for an afternoon about 2 weeks ago.

Hell, the people from CSS even refured me to Raeford saying "they dont have enough instructors to do the AFF". Either way. Im not taking anything away from CSS, i had a GREAT time there, everything went great, im just ready to get going on AFF.

Any who... just Excited and ready to go!!! Anyone from here going to be around there? if so ill more then likely be wearing some Camo shorts and a Black t-shirt. My names Kevin, so come find me and say whats up. im all about meeting new people.

-Kevin

Do you know who your instructor will be? If it's John, he's a Mod on here named "slotperfect". That means you have to behave at the dz AND online now. Sucks to be you. ;)

Just kidding....good luck!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

LMAO....Big John is a teddy bear. You know everyone worries about you :P

That said Raeford is an amazing place. Enjoy and listen to the instructors on landing...that Dragon can be a b*tch. Tell all MOUTH said HI.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hi Red,
You'll have a great time at Raeford!! Great bunch of troops. As "Mouth" said,"Beware of the Dragon!!" They'll check you out on that, it's the quirky winds that bend around the tree line. Just remember that your primary job is to make your instructors "Look Good!!" If you do that then you look better!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Whatever you do Redline, just don't go no lift!:o

Details?
Turbo? haha.

Im a car person migrating to this side of things, and as far as i can tell it can be equally expensive. haha (explanation of my user name)

Well its starting out good so far, Good to see people online here and at the DZ.

As far as making the instructor look good ill do my best, haha. As i said i have 2 tandems. My first jump was routine (jump and enjoy,) except i was near about hurting myself trying to arch hard. (we jumped out of a casa and i was taller then my TI, so i was already hurting a little from squating and head back)

After we landed from my first jump my TI told me that i had a good arch, but he said it appeared like i was straining. He then told me that its hard to portray on the ground, but to just relax and just let the wind take you.

i assumed it was easier said then done, but after i went up my next time (Randy was my TI) we jumped a King Air which i liked alot because it climbed 10000 times as fast as the Casa. I didn't know how i would like the side door, but it wasn't bad at all and actually made the tandem exit easier. Only Crappy part of the whole day was the jet fuel high we got after they started the King air, haha... a good 3-4 minutes of just plain breathing fuel.

Anywho as i was saying my 2nd jump wasn't flawless by any means, but i did just somewhat relax after we got out of the plane and we leveled right out, kinda like one of those "oh, thats how this works" moments. but i thought it went pretty well, had good turns, and my biggest worry was finding the handle on my first reach. But after i did it probley 100 times after we were hooked up in the plane, i found the handle on the first reach when it came time to pull. :D and then we landed dead center with some moderate wind. (i did get my shoes full of gravel, haha)

Either way im excited as hell and ready to go! any advise is welcome and thanks for the warm welcome!

-Kevin

Forgive me if i didn't use correct terminology in my jump summary haha. im learning tho

, but i did just somewhat relax after we got out of the plane and we leveled right out, kinda like one of those "oh, thats how this works" moments.

That's the key!

Relax, breathe.

We won't discuss how long it took me to figure that out!
:$

I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Whatever you do Redline, just don't go no lift!:o

Details?
Turbo? haha.

Turbo was a little too slow, so we killed him.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, quick summary,

I had a blast. Roy was my classroom instructor and i jumped with Carrie and Rob. Both of them were Awesome, Carrie helped at the tunnel as well, Hand signals fucked me up some in the tunnel and on the jump seeing i was more concerned with running out of time then actually stopping and thinking exactly what they meant. (tandem jumps weren't a mistake, but from what i can tell it sorta trained some bad habits on exit and as far as the arch goes) altho once i got going i think it went okay. I definatly want some more tunnel time, and $$$ permitting ill probley go try to get some the day off the next jumps.

Landing i thought was decent, tony had me stray off the landing pattern on the X-wind section some because myself and another AFF student were relatively close to each other in the pattern. but either way i waited to flare until he said too and landed it standing up. I liked how when we de-briefed the jump they actually told you what you did wrong instead of just the "great jump and good job"

Either way Roy was great in the classroom and Carrie and Rob were awesome on the jump. (Carrie at the tunnel as well) I cant wait to go back. Sucks that it was a slow week at work, (and that there P-I-S-S-E-D that i played hookie today to go jump :D)

-Kevin