skymama

Questions about bring a new cat into the house

OK, I don't have time to read the whole thing but I saw the bit about puking off the windowsill! I used to have a cat that did that all the time- either that or from the top of a book shelf and onto anything and everything underneath it! :D:D

Update: we picked up the cat on Monday after he got neutered. He's a 10 week mixed Lilac Siamese and so cute and full of energy. The shelter recommended that we wait a few days before introducing him to Phoebe, in case he brought a cold home from the shelter. He seems to be fine, so tomorrow is the big day. Phoebe knows something is up because she spends a lot of time sniffing and hissing at the door where he's staying.

We named him Monty, after Monty Python. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

He was only in the shelter for 2 days before we snagged him. He has 2 sisters that I think got adopted too. My family has had Siamese cats my whole life, they're such a great breed. It was love at first sight when we saw him. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Questions about bring a new cat into the house

I've always heard the best thing to do is to put them in a neutral room in the house without contact with another cat. After a day or two they will be more prone to adjust to the rest of their surroundings better.

This lady puts feral cats in an enclosed territory while they adjust (The Pasture Project). I know your cat probably won't be feral, but she has 700+ cats. I think she might know what to do!

www.cathouseonthekings.com

here's a neat youtube vid about her...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwM6f0liHpo

I'm actually gonna start a new thread on that cat lady.
"Love all. Trust few. Do wrong to none." -Shakespeare

Gold Coast Skydivers
Pink Mafia #176

I have 2 male cats...Simba was 18 lbs. when I got Jake...Simba is now down to 15 lbs., but he's still fat. Simba is like Cartman....he will eat whenever and whatever he can and will always be fat. They wrestle and tumble through this house all day, everyday, but guess what?? The answer is still the same, SIMBA IS FAT. I call him my little piggy. I don't think this helped much....

...She also has mice that she likes to throw in the air and scoot across the floor. When we moved, my son found 8 of them under the couch.

Ummm, I don't know that this is something I would admit to publicly.
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239