mattyblast

What colors did you choose for your canopy & why?

Agreed.
Back in my ill-spent youth, I bought a second-hand rig with green binding tape. When it was time to replace the main pilot chute and d-bag, I ordered emerald green.
My next jump included a bag lock and cutaway with my bagged main landing among some young trees, in the spring time.
It took us the rest of the afternoon to find it.

The first time I got to color my own new custom main I let Chris Martin do it. When he asked what colors I really didn't want, I forgot to mention that I'm a proud member of SAPPS (skydivers against pink and purple shit).

Neon pink is bright. Love ya Chris.

The second time I got to color my own new custom canopy I went with "my" colors - bright blue with a black center cell and silver ribs. It was time for all my stuff to match. :D

That is a wise choice! Most of the surface is white. Its going to be grey from packing/wear and it will have a bad visibility on clouds.

a grey cloud with blue stripes(ribs) and two black bars on it? If you can't see that scooting around the sky even with clouds..........
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I was advised by the knowledgable to not get white on a canopy if you jump at Perris or Elsinore...just won't stay white long...even if you hit the grass every time.

Yup, my canopy got more crap on it in my few jumps at Elsinore than it did the other 50+ at skydive san diego... I have a white canopy w/ black ribs, I still love it though ;) .... My new container (which just showed up last week and I have not seen yet) also has some white in it, should be interesting to see what it looks like a year down the road since it sounds likeI might be jumping Elsinore and Perris more than I have been.... :S

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

My first new canopy was an white Safire2 169 with red ribs and 2 offset black cells. I will never again get a white canopy. It looked great in the air if you could see it.

I know get the brightest most standout dont kill me colors I can.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

The first time you bought your own brand-spanking-new canopy, what color scheme did you choose, and what was your inspiration?

(Note: I'm not looking for recommendations, here--just interested in hearing the stories!)

make sure others will like it because you will (most likely) be selling it. on canopy colours in general - don't waste too much time on it.

rm

Bump. Given the recent fatalites at Eloy, what colors provide best visibility against the ground and improve chances that a higher jumper will see you?.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Bump. Given the recent fatalites at Eloy, what colors provide best visibility against the ground and improve chances that a higher jumper will see you?.

Visibility was a major consideration when I got may last canopies. I was doing a 180 to final one day, and did not immediately see a friend below with a low-vis canopy. Another time, someone had a lot of difficulty finding a chopped main (black and dark blue) when searching from the air. I want to be seen, and to be able to find a wayward main if necessary.

I'm vein. It's hard not to be when I look so good.:) I found a stock Sabre2 150 with all blue except for cells 2 & 8 being yellow (you've all seen it...) - every dropzone has a canopy just like mine...
Anywho, It matches my Racer2k3 (all Blue and Grey), my Helmet (Blue and Silver/Grey) and my jumpsuit (Blue and grey) Pretty sharp if I might say so myslef.....:)
=========Shaun ==========

Didn't like the color at first...but it grew on me...and nobody else has those colors at my dz. 4 Purple cells and 3 Gold cells...it is highly visable...and it was the last 190 Triathlon that Aerodyne had in stock for $700 ;) I LOVE my canopy!

Old age ain't no place for sissies!

My crossfire2 (ordered at december 29th) gets the same colours as my safire2 have:
T7-8, L6-7, R13-15 in gold, the rest in blueberry.

I've never seen it from above so I've got no idea how easy it is to see. The colours were chosen purely for looks. :$