bigway

Bizzare advert

Just came across this on a backpackers website...

Date Listed: 31/08/2008

Have you ever wanted another child? Or a sibling? Here is your chance: I'm putting myself up for adoption. Yes I might be a little older than you'd like, but hey, that skips the whole bed-peeing phase, first-day-of-school angst, come-home-covered-in-mud episodes, evil-incarnate teenage years growing up process.

I am 24 female, orphan, never had a family/family member but would like to know how its like. I am house-trained, educated and extremely independent. I'm looking for someone who would like another family member and can treat me like one, be it yell at me to put the garbage out/honest opinions about my general being/provide emotional support through my traumatic break-ups (but don't worry, that wouldn't happen - I'm happily celibate at the moment). Of course we don't have to live together - theoretically I am of the age where I shouldn't be living at home anyway. Just stuff that you would do with your family - I'll visit you every couple of weeks, we would drink your choice of beverage out of homely mugs and talk about the weather, eventually moving on to personal news updates. You would tell me about your new car/lawnmower/person in your life and I would jump up and down with excitement, happy that you're happy. We would call each other up during the week at random times to ask if one should get the dainty glass vase in blue or green, and if its worth the price of $84.99, even though we both know its technically useless and for $84.99 one can get a mini aquarium complete with obviously fake plants, fluorescent pink pebbles, 2 angelfish and 1 of those dark brown extraterrestrial things that stick on the tank walls and s*ck algae, which is of course of dubious taste but definitely more interesting than the said vase. But anyhoo, one of us would invariably get sidetracked and start talking about our new car/lawnmower/person in our lives and the vase would thankfully be forgotten.

If you would like to adopt me, please send me an email describing yourself and why you would like a/another daughter/sister. The 'adoption' can be informal or legal, I'm not particularly fussed. But please, have some common sense, I am 24 and if you are 30 you can't be my father.

I look forward to hearing from you.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store