11.5secman

diablo 170

It's a HP canopy. Over here you would only be allowed to fly that canopy (even a 170) when you have at least 500 jumps. I don't think its one of the most hp canopies, but even if your instructors would let you jump it, do you think 44 jumps in 2 yrs is enough for a hp canopy? Why not get a Spectre, Triathlon, Safire, Sabre, Pilot, ... instead?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I have a 135. It goes seriously down when you pull on a toggle, and it oversteers. Which means that it's probably not a good beginners' canopy, because there are more things to think about. Personally, I love it. But I'm weird. I don't swoop.

You will hurt yourself very badly with a low panic turn. I'd suggest something that you can play with more facets of its flight abilities.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Diablos are definitely not for junior jumpers.
I jumped a Diablo 135 for a season before buying my current Stiletto 135.
The Diablo 135 was less stable than my Stiletto and seemed to turn quicker than my Stiletto.
One time I made the mistake of glancing over my shoulder during opening, then next thing I knew, the Diablo developed a bad case of line twists that quickly got worse. I cutaway that spinning mess and opened my reserve.
Diablo may turf surf a bit better than Triathlon, but not as well as popular tapered 9-cells.