mattyblast

Which helmet do you own and why?

BH pimpdaddy - i think it's the most 'comfortable to use and still light in it's weight' helmet there is...
i used it with a homemade camera mount and it was just great!

:)i broke a bone in my foot (surgury+scerw), the head was the 4th thing to hit the ground and still - camera mount was curved (!), the cameras are semi broken, the helmet is deformed and i won't be able to use it again, but, HEY I'M ALIVE!

attached are some pics from after the accident. look at the curved camera mount. it's scary. thanx god for having a good hard helmet!

so no doubt for me - next time it's BH again.
i don't know if it'd be Optik or Illusion though (any suggestions?). i've tried (not jump yet) a friend's Optik and it's sweeeeeet.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com

Z1, used it for RW, FF and wingsuits. I think it's one of the better designed full faces around and a good looking helmet, but also very cheaply made. I mostly went full face because I've worn braces since AFF and didn't want my then beginner face-plant landings to screw them up.

Just got a camera and looking into a FF2, Rawa or Bonehead to fit that.

I like the FF2 for video
I like the factory diver for full face
I like the protec for my students in the tunnel

I think the FF2 is the safest for video. virtually no snag points
The Factory divers visor stays put.
And the protec is hard plastic. I’ve seen people take some pretty hard hits with them on.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Z1 Evo

Technically still only a student so no need for fancy helmets and cant jump full face yet. Quite nice looking, comfortable for me and reasonable price. One of the guys at DZ jumps camera with one and can be used for FF too so I dont feel the need to change anytime soon :)
(one of my sensible purchases)