mattyblast

Which helmet do you own and why?

2K Composites FF2. Because it's the best side mount camera helmet on the market. I stand by that statement.

2K Composites FF1. Because they're local and it's a good helmet the equal of any other standard open face lid. I have a chin cup on it cos I like it snug.

Some dodgy Australian Z1 knock off. Because it was cheap. It's an ok full face with some benefits over a Z1. Build quality is shit though. I wouldn't buy it again but it sits in my gear cupboard in case I need a full face.

CRW: my old Pro-Tec, the open ears allow me to hear better
FF, wingsuit, FS etc: open face freefly helmet, I tried a Z1 for a few jumps but it made me claustrofobic... Also the visor flipped open in a stand
Camera: custom-made fullface

I usually jump camera anyway, whatever discipline I'm doing ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

What do you want to do?

For RW, I have a Z1. Fits me nicely. Others recommend the Bonehead Mamba.

For FF, I have a FibreZone Head Case, which can accomodate both side & top-mount cameras if I so desire. Cookie Composites also make really nice FF helmets, as do others.

Me to.

BH Gunner - Like the design, and comfort was a big factor. Tried on the pimp daddy, evo, and none were as comfortable to me.

Oxygen-got a killer deal on one, and liked it much better than the z1...didn't feel as smushed into the thing. Plus I like that's it a bit more solid than the z1.

FreeZr. I didn't like how close the plate was to my face on other full-face helmets, and the padding is much better than on other full-face helmets.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Skysystems Oxygn (not the A3) for rel: 'cause it fits me head with my specs on:)
Cookie Compsites MVX openface camera helmet for FF, top quality and damned fine customer serviceB|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I own 4 Bonehead helmets because they are a nice product, and the customer suport is the best.

I have owned five BoneHead helmets and will continue to jump them as long as Chris sees fit to make them. My most-used design is the Pimp Daddy Mindwarp. My second-most-used one is my Optik Illusion. They are really great helmets.

Chuck

I have two Bonehead helmets, a Pro-Tec and a leather frap hat.
I bought a Bonehead full-box when they first came out. because it was one of the first camera helmets with an integrated box that fully protects my camera, a big issue at dusty SoCal DZs. .. currently modifying it to hold my SONY HC40.

I got a Boenhead HAVOK after a PFF student bloodied the nose of a colleague. At the time it was the only full-face helmet that fit over my glasses and huge jaw.

I wear a Pro-Tec when doing tandems, S/L and IAD, because too many of my loving students try to slam my head into the door frame.

Finally, I bought a leather frap hat back when they were fashionable, but only wear it twice a year, when strapped to the front of new tandem instructors.

BH Flat-Top Narrow for Camera
BH Guner for Freefly & Wingsuit
Oxygn A3 for RW/AFF

Flat Top Pro and Narrow can't be beat for top mounted cameras.. super stable.

The Guner becuse it is SO FREEKIN comfortable and quiet

The OXYGN A3 becasue I like the design of the flip-up lens and how comfortable it is especially in regards to hearing audibles

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

I have a Bonehead Flat-Top-Pro that I love, a Velocity freefly helmet that I'm indifferent about, and a Z1 RW helmet that I hate.

The Z1 regularly falls apart and requires re-glueing and resewing. I've never found anyone willing to help me with my issues.

The FTP does everything right. It's well designed, well-built, and the service level in the US is unmatched.

After owning 3 helmets by 3 different manufacturers, its' unlikely I'll ever buy another that isn't a Bonehead.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Have to second Kris on the Bonehead Pimpdaddy. It was the only one that would fit over my big melon. Very comfortable and didn't even have to bake it to make it fit. Looking to try out a Mamba for a full face.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity