mattyblast

Which helmet do you own and why?

What do you want to do?

For RW, I have a Z1. Fits me nicely. Others recommend the Bonehead Mamba.

For FF, I have a FibreZone Head Case, which can accomodate both side & top-mount cameras if I so desire. Cookie Composites also make really nice FF helmets, as do others.

I have a huge noggin, and I hate having my peripheral vision cut off so I jump a Bonehead Mindwarp.

I've had it for 5 years and it's still in amazing shape. Even after being lost at altitude twice.:$
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Factory Diver for winter, no gears, ratchets, buttons, etc.
Protec for summer combat rw.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I have a Velocity open face that I jump most of the time, also a Bonhead Mindwarp camera helmet and a Z1 that I hardly ever wear. I just bought a Rawa camera helmet and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'm sure it'll be the primary from now on.

I like the velocity cause it's comfortable. The Mindwarp I'm not really crazy about because it's got the old external audible pocket which is a pain. The Z1 is Ok but I don't like where the audible pockets are. I like the Rawa design because it's sleek anti-snag design and the chin strap excess is covered as opposed to other similar helmets. More when I actually get it and can jump it.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I started jumping when all helmets were open faced, so I got a Bonehead Mindwarp. Haven't been persuaded that I need to drop $300+ on a full face helmet yet, but that might happen if/when I catch a foot or two in my face.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

300way world record edition Factory Diver.
Black Aviator with stickers.

I got the Factory Diver b/c i wanted something to protect my face and to keep me warm. Only problem is its a little small for me. I plan to replace it with a mamba in the new year.

The Aviator was my first helmet, i got it b/c the Mindwarp of that year was straight up FUGLY!!! i think i'll keep it. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

A Z1 Evo and a Bonehead Optik.

I really like the Evo but i hadn't jumped it in months up until this weekend when i woke up late, wanted to get on a load and didn't have time to rig my camera. I must say that the Bonehead is WAY more comfortable although the Evo is still good.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

XL Pro-tec ;)

There was a reason behind it, though... one, I can cram my large-economy-size noggin into it and not suffer. Two, it seems to be the only helmet around that would protect me if I really smashed my head into something.

I know in skydiving mostly you want a helmet to protect you from little dings and knocks - whacking it on the door, someone's foot in a funnel - but shit does, as they say, happen. Especially if you're a new jumper, who may potentially stack it on landing. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Like walking to the plane.

Touch wood.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?