Tuna-Salad

Do you like the smell of jetfuel?

When Claude, from Perris died, many thought it was all those years of pushing the stairs up to running Otters on every load and breathing in those fumes.

I figured it was more the drinking, smoking, and eating in the Bombshelter every day . . .

NickD :)

Oh I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning. B|I love being at the dz first thing in the morning, especially, when I was going through my AFF. It just make me want to get down & dirty!:$

"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

The only time I don't like it is when I'm boarding a Twin Otter while the props are spinning-up and the exhaust pipe is aimed directly at my face, while I'm waiting for the person in front of me to finish climbing in.

Jet fuel overdose, anyone? ;)

now just close your eyes, and imagine all of that exhause/unspent fuel soaking your beautiful rig. mmmmm :ph34r:
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Hi Tuna,
"That Smell.. That keroscene smell.. it smells like...ALTITUUDE!!!!!!!!" The sound of Turbine engines starting..you bet and add the sound of those old "Big Round Engines" on those DC-3's and Beech 18's from daze gone by!! ...play on Gypsys, play on....
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

i would much rather just smell avgas andhear the sound of RADIAL engines.but thats just me

I'm with you! Turbines are great, but there was just so much more drama in the clanking, coughing, smoking chaos that was a DC-3 Pratt & Whitney starting up that was just so much more satisfying...:)

The whole jumping experience is filled with sensory delights. The smell of unpacked nylon, the interior of an overused 182, Jet A in the morning, the sweet aroma of my gas at 9,000 feet on Sunday morning.

Ahhh...cantcha smell it?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Love it. Been around airports since i was in 5th grade. Skydiving just added an extra shot of steroid-laced endorphins when i get a whiff.

I work in a hotel near an international airport, and very near a business jet center. Absolute toture. The first few weeks here i had a subconscious jolt of joy when we'd get a blast, now i just cry in a corner and count the seconds till the weekend... or take a lunch break in the tunnel B|

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Oh I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning. B|I love being at the dz first thing in the morning, especially, when I was going through my AFF. It just make me want to get down & dirty!:$

did i say i l-l-l.. look forward to your visit!? :$

:P:):):D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Not my favourite Cologne but it'll do.

Actually there are 2 smells in skydiving that are amazing and opposite ends of the nasal spectrum... JET A and the really fresh air at altitude

I like the smell of that hot skychick whos leaning against me
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I like it ever since I worked on planes! :P
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Whenever I smell jetfuel or hear a turbine startup I get all excited cause it reminds me of skydiving. :D

Pavlovian skydiver syndrome...

For me it's hearing the bell ringing @ the bar... FREE BEER!!

And from one on my fav movies ever...
Apocalypse Now

Kilgore exults to Willard, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning
*IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED... SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!!!*

i would much rather just smell avgas andhear the sound of RADIAL engines.but thats just me

I'm with you! Turbines are great, but there was just so much more drama in the clanking, coughing, smoking chaos that was a DC-3 Pratt & Whitney starting up that was just so much more satisfying...:)

Can I get an "AMEN!" B|
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.