aprilcat

I Know a Guy Who Knows__________

My parents went to school with the guy who owned the "cool" car from the movie American Grafitti.

I got a hug from Chris LeDoux at a bar in Dallas. (he had on some very nice cologne that night.:$)

My grandfather met Roger Staubach.

My grandfather sang at the Louisana Hay Ride during the same set as country music singer Ernest Tubb.

I share the same hometown with country music singer Lefty Frizzell.

While at a Waffle House in my hometown I looked up and saw Nolan Ryan walking in.(he was my favorite pro baseball player when I was a kid so ofcourse I was thrilled lol).

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

You guys are a riot! This is fun. I have 2 more:

My brother STILL has the dent in his head where Mike Tyson bopped him with a paint can when they were about 11.

My sister was watching Regis & Kelly and saw an interview with Eddie Murphy. They asked him how long has he been making people laugh. They screened a picture of his third grade class and Eddie was pulling a girls braid (she looked like this :o ). My sister was standing next to the girl and she remembers the fight afterward, but didn't remember much else about him.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Well, this is more of athletic response from me.

I know a guy who is a good friend of Jim Kelly (Former QB for Buffalo Bills)

I know a guy who was my baseball teammate in Little League. He is Brady Anderson's younger half-brother. (Former? baseball player for Baltimore Orioles)

I know David Terrell and played against him in high school (Wide Receiver for Chicago Bears)

I know Doug Chapman who was my former teammate in high school (Running Back for San Diego Chargers)

I know Merrill Robertson who was my former teammate in high school (Linebacker for Minnesota Vikings, boy, he sure has grown!)

Yes, I was a major jock back in high school. ;)

I know a guy whos sister dated Pat Sajack(sp?) from wheel of fortune, my aunt.

I know a guy who dated playboy playmate Laurie Jo Fetter, I also went to High School with both of them

My brother used to work with the bassist from the band Alkaline Trio, they also went to my High School (before I started there)

Entertaining thread:)
Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

My brother (5'9" at the time, and pretty slight) was a bouncer at the dormitory game room where Earl Campbell was at UT. He said that Earl's thighs were bigger than his waist.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was flight attendant on a plane with Michael Jackson. He booked the entire first class section.

Dixie ??? from Designing Women and her dog were once on a flight. Cute dog.

I got to hang out at a party with the Miami Dolphins (think marino, etc) when they charted a jet out of Miami.

I once took a plane of secret service agents to LAX for then Pres Reagan. Talk about fire power. It is amazing those boys made it through security. They were fun to party with.

Hershel Walker (Heisman at GA, played for the Cowboys) grew up about 10 miles from me. He lived in the same complex as I did when I lived in Irving, TX. We would talk to each other from the pool while he was on his balcony. Met lots of the cowboys though that connection. Tom landry was even at one of the functions I went to.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I once took a plane of secret service agents to LAX for then Pres Reagan. Talk about fire power. It is amazing those boys made it through security. They were fun to party with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, I'd think that would be fun. The Secret Service 'partying'. Guns and Raybans and video tape;) I met some of them in Raeford (they had a BOSS Casa) but something told me not to even TRY taking pictures of that crew!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

My high school french teacher (who also happens to be my parents neighbor) is good friends with Donald Sutherland's ex-wife...:D:D:D...Yes, she knows Keifer as well...:ph34r:

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

my husband knows a guy who knows the guys that did that song "back to the hotel"

N2 Deep. I've hung out with them. (In my younger recklass days.:D)

I've met quite a few major recording artists, Janet Jackson, Bruce Hornsby, Elton John, Moby, The Beasite Boys, No Doubt, AFI, Punch the Clown, DJ Premere, DJ Shadow, B-Real....and many more minor goups.

I've skated with the Beasties too.....(I can't skate worth a shit.

I waved at Robbin Williams on the freeway once.

I've met Harrison Ford.

I've met Jose Canseco ?, Joe Montana, and Jerry Rice.

I don't really put too much stock in any of it though....

Haven't met Sandra Bullock yet damnit!

My mom went out on a date with one of the Beatles when she was a girl. (She grew up in Liverpool) I just don't remember which one!:S It's either Paul or George.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I met Pee Wee Herman at an adult cinema

Ok, ok just kidding!

LOL...I used to go to the theater in Sarasota where Peewee was arrested before it became a XXX theater. I was a kid, I swear that's true! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've actually kept in touch somewhat with one of them. He was pretty cool. Rented a car and we drove all over LA. I saw things I'd have never seen otherwise.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I forgot one other person I knew back in high school...

I don't remember which Real World...but does anyone remember Shane Landrum? Well, I remember when he used to play the trumpet in the West Lafayette Junior/Senior High School band...

~R+R:D...And yes, I played the flute, so ha...:D:ph34r:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I hung out w/ Dave Matthews for about 4 hours in a bar in DC one night, just chilling out and chatting w/ him and his friends like he was any regular guy. He actually introduced himself to us...probably had something to do with our blonde friend Noelle, but seriously, what a nice guy.

Then I ate dinner at a table next to Helen Hunt in another DC establishment. My girlfriend and I were out celebrating her graduation and Helen was seated at the table next to us. She jokingly interrupted our dinner by saying..."You're sitting at MY table," and then chatted w/ us all night.

Finally, a few months ago when I was choosing a flight school, I walked out of the owner's office and bumped into Angelina Jolie. She smiled, said "Hi there" and walked off w/ her instructor. Care to guess how quickly I decided that I'd be taking flight lessons at that school?

-C.

i met the seinfeld charecter "uncle leo"'s daughter a couple times.....

sadly she hasn't been around latley....

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, but she is dearly missed around here.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.